    computer is running terrible and I no longer have any restore points back to
    before I made that mistake. Why can't I undo what I did or go back to the
    prior month for a restore point?
    =?Utf-8?B?bGlscnVuYXdheTQ1?=, Jul 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bGlscnVuYXdheTQ1?=

    DP Guest

    Apparently you told whatever cleanup utility you're using to delete the
    restore points.
    The Disk Cleanup that comes with XP gives you that option.

    DP, Jul 9, 2006

  3. You can't go back because the restore points are gone.
    It seems some of the unnecessary files need the System Restore data.
    Generally at this point there is nothing you can do to restore the data
    unless on the slight chance the tool you used has an option to undo whatever
    it did.

    Be careful of unnecessary files, some are necessary for something.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 9, 2006