    faster. Nice. Bus I have to shut this down when I use Mozilla Backup.
    Anybody know how to restart it without having to reboot Windows? TIA

    James

    James Messick, Nov 11, 2003

  2. James Messick wrote:
    > I run Mozilla under Windows, and keep it in memory so that it loads
    > faster. Nice. Bus I have to shut this down when I use Mozilla Backup.
    > Anybody know how to restart it without having to reboot Windows? TIA
    >
    > James

    Edit>>Preferences>>Advanced. Check the Quick Launch box, and click OK.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion

    http://mozilla.org

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > James Messick wrote:
    >
    >> I run Mozilla under Windows, and keep it in memory so that it loads
    >> faster. Nice. Bus I have to shut this down when I use Mozilla Backup.
    >> Anybody know how to restart it without having to reboot Windows? TIA
    >>
    >> James
    >>

    > Edit>>Preferences>>Advanced. Check the Quick Launch box, and click OK.

    I have that check, and it loads that way when Windows boots. But if I
    terminate this I have to reboot to get Mozilla to stay in memory. I can
    run Mozilla, just not from the tray.

    James Messick, Nov 12, 2003
  4. James Messick wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> James Messick wrote:
    >>
    >>> I run Mozilla under Windows, and keep it in memory so that it loads
    >>> faster. Nice. Bus I have to shut this down when I use Mozilla Backup.
    >>> Anybody know how to restart it without having to reboot Windows? TIA
    >>>
    >>> James
    >>>

    >> Edit>>Preferences>>Advanced. Check the Quick Launch box, and click OK.

    > I have that check, and it loads that way when Windows boots. But if I
    > terminate this I have to reboot to get Mozilla to stay in memory. I can
    > run Mozilla, just not from the tray.

    Hm.

    I don't use Quick Launch. I've found it adds little to start time,
    except after a reboot, and I hate the drain on system resources from
    having it run constantly, so I may not be the best resource,

    Still, from what I see, if I turn on Quick Launch from
    Edit>>Preferences, it stays on. If I exit it from the Systray, it goes
    away. If I restart it from Edit>>Prefs, it stays on. I'm not seeing a
    need to reboot from here.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 12, 2003
  5. James Messick

    Ed Mullen Guest

    James Messick wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >>James Messick wrote:
    >>

    >>>I run Mozilla under Windows, and keep it in memory so that it loads
    >>>faster. Nice. Bus I have to shut this down when I use Mozilla Backup.
    >>>Anybody know how to restart it without having to reboot Windows? TIA
    >>>
    >>>James
    >>>

    >>Edit>>Preferences>>Advanced. Check the Quick Launch box, and click OK.

    > I have that check, and it loads that way when Windows boots. But if I
    > terminate this I have to reboot to get Mozilla to stay in memory. I can
    > run Mozilla, just not from the tray.

    This is odd behavior. (The program, not you. ;-) ) But you don't need
    to reboot. Run Mozilla, do Edit - Preferences - Advanced. You'll see
    that Quick Launch is still enabled. Click OK. It should now be back in
    the System Tray.

    This seems like a bug. Haven't searched Bugzilla for it but it is odd.
    If I remember correctly, right-clicking the System Tray icon, choosing
    Exit Mozilla, then re-running Mozilla was enough to get Quick Launch
    back into memory.

    On the other hand, I just don't see that big a gain in performance on my
    systems (933 MHz and 1.33 GHz machines) so I don't use it. I run
    Mozilla at the start of the day and it pretty much keeps running until I
    close things down at night. Still, this is kinda odd.

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Nov 12, 2003
  6. James Messick

    Brian Guest

    Ed Mullen <> wrote in message news:<irksb.178916$e01.650504@attbi_s02>...
    > James Messick wrote:

    Just create a shortcut to Mozilla, right click on the shortcut, go to
    properties & add the parameter -turbo in the target. Then when you
    click on that shortcut, you'll launch Mozilla quicklaunch.

    ex. "C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -turbo

    Brian, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Brian wrote:
    > Ed Mullen <> wrote in message news:<irksb.178916$e01.650504@attbi_s02>...
    >
    >>James Messick wrote:

    > Just create a shortcut to Mozilla, right click on the shortcut, go to
    > properties & add the parameter -turbo in the target. Then when you
    > click on that shortcut, you'll launch Mozilla quicklaunch.
    >
    > ex. "C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -turbo

    Excellent!!! Thanks, man!

    James Messick, Nov 15, 2003