    stop,if you press the re-start button on the pc it will start fine?
    any ideas
    simon.

    Sierra, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Sierra

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:12:25 -0000, "Sierra" <simon.day@invalid> wrote:

    >Thanks to all who contributed to my earlier post on 'shutdown'that is
    >resolved,i now have a new one and i have tried google etc but not getting
    >very far here goes-
    >still on win xp-pro problem is when you re-start the pc say after installing
    >something it will boot up to the point of reading the hard-drives then
    >stop,if you press the re-start button on the pc it will start fine?
    >any ideas
    >simon.

    Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041

    http://aumha.org/a/tshoot.htm

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    Unk, Feb 12, 2004