    as I am getting desperate now.

    Thanks
    Andy

    Andy F, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Andy F

    Jerry G. Guest

    Is the new processor too fast for your mother board? Many of the mother
    boards have a limitation for faster processor speeds. I have one friend of
    mine that we put in a new processor. It turned out that his mother board
    would not support anything faster than a 450 mHz. We had a hard time to find
    one that was new, and that slow for a P III. We were easily able to find
    the 1000 mHz processors without a problem.

    If you have a later version of a P III mother board, in many instances, you
    can replace the mother board with a P IV type. Everything should work with
    it.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Andy F" <nosoft.toiletpaper@hotelbastardos> wrote in message
    My win 98se PC does not restart. I have installed a new processor and new
    bios to make it run. Now when I restart my pc says windows is closing but
    then the
    monitor goes blank and gives the error message "input signal out of
    range,adjust frequency" then nothing else happens.

    I have tried disabling APM , this has no effect. I have tried changing irq's
    to bios, I have fiddled with all the bios settings I can understand, and
    some I don't. But it still will not work.It will restart to DOS and most of
    the time it shuts down, except whenever I see the windows is shutting down
    screen, which means windows is not going to shut down. I see this screen
    just before I get the out of range message. Does anyone have any idea what
    may be causing this

    Jerry G., Dec 4, 2003

  3. Andy F

    Wizard Guest

    Have you tried the "shutdown" patch from M$?

    Wizard, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Andy F

    B.D.Cubit Guest

    Andy,
    Try the windows 98 shutdown patch. Also the out of Range message is from
    your monitor, it is telling you that the PC is not sending a signal from the
    video card. I hope this helps.

    B.D.Cubit, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Andy F

    Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:20:06 -0000, "Andy F"
    <nosoft.toiletpaper@hotelbastardos> wrote:

    >My win 98se PC does not restart. I have installed a new processor and new
    >bios to make it run. Now when I restart my pc says windows is closing but
    >then the
    >monitor goes blank and gives the error message "input signal out of
    >range,adjust frequency" then nothing else happens.
    >
    >I have tried disabling APM , this has no effect. I have tried changing irq's
    >to bios, I have fiddled with all the bios settings I can understand, and
    >some I don't. But it still will not work.It will restart to DOS and most of
    >the time it shuts down, except whenever I see the windows is shutting down
    >screen, which means windows is not going to shut down. I see this screen
    >just before I get the out of range message. Does anyone have any idea what
    >may be causing this
    >as I am getting desperate now.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Andy

    Did the system work after the bios update but before you rejumpered
    the CPU socket?

    , Dec 5, 2003