    How do I fix this? LOL
    This system amazes me,everytime I get a problem sorted out, a new one pops
    up LOL.

    Kue2, Oct 5, 2007

  2. http://www.vistabootpro.org/

    You are the one dual-booting; don't blame Vista!

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljayBNdXJwaHk=?=, Oct 5, 2007

  3. Kue2:
    This may sound not logical but...
    Try increasing a few secs the time assigned for the boot menu screen to show
    up.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007
  4. This sounds logical to me. But since the menu appears on a cold-boot that
    means it can be configured in more places than one - each OS might have a
    reg. key and the boot option might have it's own internal configuration that
    might conflict?

    In the BIOS?

    (Re-installing the Boot Menu? Remember, I'm not on Vista myself.)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 5, 2007
  5. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    I would run startup repair. Since both reboots use the bootmgr and BCD,
    something has been corrupted.
    You could set up another partition (same or different hd) to be the object
    of the repair or just run it one the current one and see if it sees the
    corruption. If it doesn't see the corruption and the problem persists, I
    would move the boot files into a new folder and run boot repair to replace
    it on the drive.

    John Barnes, Oct 5, 2007
  6. John:
    Following your line of thought, EasyBCD or VistabootPro might be useful at
    this stage.
    They have the option of diagonosing and/or rebuilding Vista bootloader if
    necessary.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007
  7. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thanks guys for your thoughts as to what's going on.Carlos I am using Vista
    Boot Pro version 3.3.I have been using it since it came out.
    The funny thing now happening it is occurring on a intermittent basis.I
    never know whether the boot choice screen will be there. If I watch closely
    I can actually see the screen fly by. When it does it goes directly to Vista
    logon.I then can shut down.Booting again brings the OS choices screen back.

    Kue2, Oct 5, 2007
  8. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I notice in Msconfig - Boot there is a box you can tick to make boot
    settings permanent.
    What are the consequences of ticking this box?

    Kue2, Oct 5, 2007
  9. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Carlos I changed the time by 5 sec it did not make a difference.

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >I notice in Msconfig - Boot there is a box you can tick to make boot
    >settings permanent.
    > What are the consequences of ticking this box?
    >
    > "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks guys for your thoughts as to what's going on.Carlos I am using
    >> Vista Boot Pro version 3.3.I have been using it since it came out.
    >> The funny thing now happening it is occurring on a intermittent basis.I
    >> never know whether the boot choice screen will be there. If I watch
    >> closely I can actually see the screen fly by. When it does it goes
    >> directly to Vista logon.I then can shut down.Booting again brings the OS
    >> choices screen back.
    >>

    >> "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >>> John:
    >>> Following your line of thought, EasyBCD or VistabootPro might be useful
    >>> at
    >>> this stage.
    >>> They have the option of diagonosing and/or rebuilding Vista bootloader
    >>> if
    >>> necessary.

    Kue2, Oct 5, 2007
  10. Kue2:
    I am running out of ideas down here.
    Try John's suggestions (startup repair with Vista DVD) and cross your
    fingers (did you try that one? :))
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007
  11. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hey problem seems to have corrected itself.Screen is now appearing upon
    restart. LOL
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Last thing I tried was to change the
    "Default" boot Os in Vista Boot Pro & save & then change it back & save. I
    don't know whether this corrected it or "Gremlins" LOL.

    Kue2, Oct 5, 2007
  12. Kue2:
    You never know. Sometimes unchecking a setting and later on checking it
    again fixes a problem.
    Two days ago I noticed that I could no access one web site (www.start64.com)
    that I had been able to access the night before. Nothing had changed while I
    was asleep, except for the position of the sun.
    The other PC in my home network could access that site with no problems.
    How did I solve it?
    I disabled IE7 phishing filter, closed IE7, restarted IE7.
    I could now access that web site but without the filter being applied.
    Aha!, I said. That was the problem what if?
    I applied the phishing filter again, NO problems found.
    I can now access www.start64.com with the phishing filter enabled.
    Go figure!

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007