Response to OPTION and something abt subscribe

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Great Vincent, Aug 26, 2006.

  1. I setup a ondo sip server on a PC. When my softphone registered on it ,
    constantly sending OPTIONs,the OPTION is like,for convenience,I have
    ignored some content.
    Request-Line:OPTION sip: 10.28.105.109:5060 SIP/2.0
    Method:OPTIONS
    Message Header
    Via: SIP /2.0/UDP 10.28.102.76;rport;branch=xxxxxxxx
    Content-Length:0
    Call-ID:XXXXXXXXXX
    CSeq:1 OPTIONS
    Max-Forwards:70
    SIP to address: sip:10.28.105.109:5060
    from

    And the ondo reply me a 404 not found .Truely the on do having the
    address 10.28.105.109 as written in the Request_Line . and when I
    register another server ,it reply a 480 temporily unavailable.I wonder
    the exactly use of this OPTION and why server reply it as above

    Another question,I would like to know something abt SUBSCRIBE .The
    softphone send a SUBSCRIBE after a register request all the time ,but I
    don't notice anything special in the content . I want to know when you
    request some source where it will be annouced in the SUBSCRIBE.

    The last ,I see when a phone registerring it will first send a
    register request without AUTHORIZATION althrough username and password
    are configed, if failed , send a request contain AUTHORIZATION. Someone
    tell me where this behavior defined or say exactly.
    Great Vincent, Aug 26, 2006