    so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

    I am sure this will also generate a number of rude replies form posters
    who know a little and think they know everything.

    Gary and Terrie Meerschaert, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:

    > I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
    > While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
    > rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
    > science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
    > particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
    > understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
    > so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

    When did this group become a list?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert

    gangle Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" wrote
    > Gary and Terrie SOCKPUPPET wrote:
    >
    > > I have noted.........................

    > When did this group become a list?

    Spit the hook.

    gangle, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:
    >

    >>I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
    >>While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
    >>rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
    >>science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
    >>particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
    >>understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
    >>so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

    > When did this group become a list?

    He's only had one other post to this group that I see and nobody said
    anything at all to him. I think maybe he was being called idiot on some
    mail list and he got a little confused while addressing this treatise.
    It's easy to do for a newb.

    --
    Just kidding Gary, lighten up.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 11, 2005
  5. gangle wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" wrote
    >
    >>Gary and Terrie SOCKPUPPET wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have noted.........................

    >>When did this group become a list?

    > Spit the hook.

    Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
    short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
    far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
    the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 11, 2005
  6. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert

    gangle Guest

    "Rôgêr" wrote
    > gangle wrote:

    > >>When did this group become a list?

    > > Spit the hook.

    > Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
    > short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
    > far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
    > the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

    If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................

    gangle, Apr 11, 2005
  7. gangle wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" wrote
    >
    >>gangle wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Blinky the Shark" wrote

    >>>Spit the hook.

    >>Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
    >>short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
    >>far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
    >>the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

    > If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................

    Then it gets to marry the future king of England.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 11, 2005
  8. gangle wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" wrote
    >
    >>gangle wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Blinky the Shark" wrote

    >>>Spit the hook.

    >>Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
    >>short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
    >>far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
    >>the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

    > If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................

    Update: I still think Gary is being earnest. But a Google check showed
    that an underdeveloped user that's been in my killfilter for ages called
    him dirty names for asking about a driver. At least now I see why he was
    posting his message here.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 11, 2005
  9. gangle wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" wrote

    >> Gary and Terrie SOCKPUPPET wrote:

    >> > I have noted.........................

    >> When did this group become a list?

    > Spit the hook.

    Roger. No, not that Roger, he's not involved. I mean "you're probably
    right". :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2005
  10. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:

    >>>I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
    >>>While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
    >>>rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
    >>>science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
    >>>particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
    >>>understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
    >>>so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

    >> When did this group become a list?

    > He's only had one other post to this group that I see and nobody said
    > anything at all to him. I think maybe he was being called idiot on some
    > mail list and he got a little confused while addressing this treatise.
    > It's easy to do for a newb.

    Hardly fits his "I'm The King Of Computing" pitch, does it? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2005
  11. gangle wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" wrote

    >> Gary and Terrie SOCKPUPPET wrote:

    >> > I have noted.........................

    >> When did this group become a list?

    > Spit the hook.

    I will. What I mean is, ignore my other post -- now Roger *is*
    involved. :) But the hook's still spit. Didn't even hurt.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2005
  12. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert

    jils Guest

    <spitting coffee all over monitor>
    oh you're good. you're very good.

    jils, Apr 11, 2005
  13. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert

    Guest Guest

    "Gary and Terrie Meerschaert" <> wrote in message
    >I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
    >While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
    >rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
    >science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
    >particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
    >understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
    >so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.
    >
    > I am sure this will also generate a number of rude replies form
    > posters who know a little and think they know everything.

    Usenet requires a thick-skinned teflon-coated ego.

    Guest, Apr 11, 2005
  14. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:
    > I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
    > While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
    > rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
    > science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
    > particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
    > understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
    > so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.
    >
    > I am sure this will also generate a number of rude replies form
    > posters who know a little and think they know everything.

    Well, it's better than posts from a poster who knows nothing and thinks they
    know everything...

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Apr 11, 2005
  15. Rôgêr wrote:
    > gangle wrote:

    >>> Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has
    >>> a short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and
    >>> up as far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was
    >>> intending to send the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

    >> If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................

    > Then it gets to marry the future king of England.

    Actually, CBP carries on the fine tradition of members of the royal family
    descended from something vaguely equine...

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Apr 11, 2005
  16. "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <> wrote in message

    > Well, it's better than posts from a poster who knows nothing and
    > thinks they know everything...

    Oh, a post from you.

    Miss Perspiration Stink, Apr 11, 2005
  17. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:
    >

    >>I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
    >>While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
    >>rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
    >>science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
    >>particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
    >>understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
    >>so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

    > When did this group become a list?

    Never said it was a list.

    Gary and Terrie Meerschaert, Apr 11, 2005
  18. Rôgêr wrote:

    > gangle wrote:

    >>> Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
    >>> short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
    >>> far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
    >>> the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

    >> If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................
    >>

    > Update: I still think Gary is being earnest. But a Google check showed
    > that an underdeveloped user that's been in my killfilter for ages called
    > him dirty names for asking about a driver. At least now I see why he was
    > posting his message here.

    I'm not a newbee. I just use lists on a very selective basis. I'm now
    disabled and find wadding through 200 messages or so each day to be a
    bit painful.

    Gary and Terrie Meerschaert, Apr 11, 2005
  19. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:

    >>>I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
    >>>While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
    >>>rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
    >>>science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
    >>>particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
    >>>understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
    >>>so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

    >> When did this group become a list?

    > Never said it was a list.

    Then someone entered "there may be several newbees on the list" on your
    keyboard when you weren't looking. HAND. [plonk]

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2005
  20. Gary and Terrie Meerschaert

    trout Guest

    Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:

    > I am sure this will also generate a number of rude replies

    And you do it, anyway. Even though there is *no* possible benefit,
    other than to vent your hurt feelings, and let the troll know "Job Well
    Done".
    --
    Kind of makes you look like an idiot newbie.

    trout, Apr 11, 2005