    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    John
    jfbusby, Jun 7, 2004

  2. jfbusby

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004

  3. jfbusby

    Hywel Guest

    In article <gQ0xc.13523$W01.10222@okepread01>, jfbusby says...
    > Running win98. System is clean but after operating for awhile on ie6
    > filesquit opening when requested and I get low resource message.
    > Any ideas?

    Go to http://www.analogx.com/ and download MaxMem to see if reclaiming
    memory from applications that aren't using it helps.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Jun 7, 2004
  4. jfbusby

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:49:14 +0100, in
    <>
    Hywel scrawled:

    >In article <gQ0xc.13523$W01.10222@okepread01>, jfbusby says...
    >> Running win98. System is clean but after operating for awhile on ie6
    >> filesquit opening when requested and I get low resource message.
    >> Any ideas?

    >Go to http://www.analogx.com/ and download MaxMem to see if reclaiming
    >memory from applications that aren't using it helps.

    It won't. Resources does not equal memory; besides, memory
    managers are a waste of time, since they just bump stuff into
    the page file.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  5. jfbusby

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, °Mike° says...
    > On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:49:14 +0100, in
    > <>
    > Hywel scrawled:
    >
    > >In article <gQ0xc.13523$W01.10222@okepread01>, jfbusby says...
    > >> Running win98. System is clean but after operating for awhile on ie6
    > >> filesquit opening when requested and I get low resource message.
    > >> Any ideas?

    > >Go to http://www.analogx.com/ and download MaxMem to see if reclaiming
    > >memory from applications that aren't using it helps.

    > It won't. Resources does not equal memory;

    I know, but I used to use it under Win98SE and it certainly helped.

    > besides, memory managers are a waste of time, since they just bump
    > stuff into the page file.

    You're probably right there, but as it's a free bit of software it
    should still be worth trying.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Jun 7, 2004
  6. jfbusby

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:37:01 +0100, in
    <>
    Hywel scrawled:

    >In article <>, °Mike° says...
    >> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:49:14 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> Hywel scrawled:
    >>
    >> >In article <gQ0xc.13523$W01.10222@okepread01>, jfbusby says...
    >> >
    >> >Go to http://www.analogx.com/ and download MaxMem to see if reclaiming
    >> >memory from applications that aren't using it helps.

    >> It won't. Resources does not equal memory;

    >I know, but I used to use it under Win98SE and it certainly helped.

    I doubt VERY much if it was a memory manager that helped.

    >> besides, memory managers are a waste of time, since they just bump
    >> stuff into the page file.

    >You're probably right there, but as it's a free bit of software it
    >should still be worth trying.

    No, it's not. All memory managers are a waste of space.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004