    I've heard that if you want to pass the certification for
    an operating system, such as XP, you should memorize the
    Resource Kit. Does this sound right to anyone?
    Extech, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Extech

    T-Bone Guest

    "Extech" <> wrote
    > I've heard that if you want to pass the certification for
    > an operating system, such as XP, you should memorize the
    > Resource Kit. Does this sound right to anyone?

    Memorizing anything in order to pass the exam sounds wrong. The exams test
    what you know, not what you've memorized.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    The sky is still blue in my world, just a different shade.
    T-Bone, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Extech

    Moreno Guest

    ...Yes, I agree...

    ...it is important WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND, not WHAT YOU MEMORIZE...

    If you're planning for self-study for the MS Certification, I suggest you
    the NEW MS Core Exams TRAINING KITS, not RESOURCE KITS.

    The Resource Kits are excellent as COMPLEMENTARY material to read for the
    various specific arguments but the primary books must be the TRAINING KITS
    from MS-PRESS or, if you prefer, other exams preparation kits from other
    publishers, such as for example SYBEX, McGraw Hill, and so on, but I
    strongly suggest you official MS-PRESS Training Kits.

    Once you have studied it i also suggest the Transcender tests.

    Bye!

    Moreno
    (Italy)

    Moreno, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Extech

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Extech" <> wrote in news:248e01c512bb
    $061c00d0$:

    > I've heard that if you want to pass the certification for
    > an operating system, such as XP, you should memorize the
    > Resource Kit. Does this sound right to anyone?

    wrong. you should use the OS and learn how to use the advanced features.

    if you want to know which features to use - look at that quetions/topics
    the exam will test you on - then look up those topics on the MS support or
    TechNet site - and use them on your test machine. play around with it. it's
    the only way to do it and much much more fun than memorizing stuff.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 14, 2005
  5. Extech

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> say in

    > "Extech" <> wrote
    >> I've heard that if you want to pass the certification for
    >> an operating system, such as XP, you should memorize the
    >> Resource Kit. Does this sound right to anyone?

    > Memorizing anything in order to pass the exam sounds wrong. The exams
    > test what you know, not what you've memorized.
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL
    > The sky is still blue in my world, just a different shade.

    Still, good to read the thing. And it will keep you busy for a weekend or
    two ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - I wrote a few children's books, but not on purpose.
    Neil, Feb 15, 2005
  6. >The exams test
    >what you know, not what you've memorized.

    If that were the case, no dumper would pass.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 15, 2005
  7. Extech

    T-Bone Guest

    "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote
    > If that were the case, no dumper would pass.....

    Would that it were true... Hence the comment in my sig. Maybe it should have
    been more obvious.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    You never know what you'll miss if you don't read the whole post.
    T-Bone, Feb 15, 2005
  8. Extech

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > Memorizing anything in order to pass the exam sounds wrong. The exams
    > test what you know, not what you've memorized.
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL
    > The sky is still blue in my world, just a different shade.

    And I'm sure the sky is very pretty there.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Feb 15, 2005