    restart, it goes back again. I have the correct driver installed.
    Is there anyway to make windows remember and keep this setting,
    instead of having to change it each time? It's very inconvenient.

    alice, Feb 15, 2009

  2. alice

    Mike Easter Guest

    alice wrote:
    > I've got an XP PC with a new Dell 2005FPW monitor, and everytime I
    > reboot it starts out in 1280x1024 resolution, which doesn't look
    > right, it's stretched out weird. I go into the screen settings and
    > change it to the max, 1680x1050 and that looks perfect. Then when I
    > restart, it goes back again. I have the correct driver installed.
    > Is there anyway to make windows remember and keep this setting,
    > instead of having to change it each time? It's very inconvenient.

    Dell's 2005FPW optimal is 1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz (only).

    It will do other rez at other vertical scan freq, but will do the
    1680x1050 only at 60Hz.

    You should be able to access the control for that refresh rate by using
    Start/ Settings / CP controlpanel/ Display/ Settings (this is where you
    select the 1680x1050)/ Advanced button/ Monitor tab - monitor settings
    section - menu arrow select 60Hz and OK your way back out.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 16, 2009