    so that I can see the X to close them or the "file" etc. Anybody know how I
    accidentally changed the settings on the view?
    Audrey
    Gigi, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Gigi

    colin Guest

    Gigi <itchyfeet(no spam)@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:Bygxd.3286$...
    > All of a sudden all of my windows are opening up with the top task bar

    hidden
    > above the screen and they are opened up fully. I can't seem to drag them

    down
    > so that I can see the X to close them or the "file" etc. Anybody know how

    > accidentally changed the settings on the view?
    > Audrey

    Press F11
    colin, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Gigi

    Gigi Guest

    "colin" <> wrote in message

    > Gigi <itchyfeet(no spam)@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> All of a sudden all of my windows are opening up with the top task bar

    > hidden
    >> above the screen and they are opened up fully. I can't seem to drag them

    > down
    >> so that I can see the X to close them or the "file" etc. Anybody know how

    >> accidentally changed the settings on the view?
    >> Audrey
    >>

    > Press F11

    Thanks, Colin, but when I press F11 I get the help menu for whatever program I
    happen to have open. I've been able to resize a few of my program windows but
    for the most part, they are all opening so large I can't see the top bar.
    Audrey
    Gigi, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Gigi

    > "colin" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Gigi <itchyfeet(no spam)@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >> All of a sudden all of my windows are opening up with the top task bar

    > > hidden
    > >> above the screen and they are opened up fully. I can't seem to drag

    them
    > > down
    > >> so that I can see the X to close them or the "file" etc. Anybody know

    how
    > >> accidentally changed the settings on the view?
    > >> Audrey
    > >>

    > > Press F11
    > >

    > Thanks, Colin, but when I press F11 I get the help menu for whatever

    program I
    > happen to have open. I've been able to resize a few of my program windows

    but
    > for the most part, they are all opening so large I can't see the top bar.
    > Audrey

    Hi Audrey

    It could be then, that your screen-size/resolution has dropped back to
    640x480.
    This can be fixed by right-clicking an empty area of your desktop, then
    select properties from the context menu, then select the settings tab; move
    the screen-size slider to 800x600, and then press ALT+A (Apply) and then
    ENTER (OK) (as these buttons will most likely be off screen, and not able to
    be mouse-clicked)

    colin
    colin, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Gigi

    Gigi Guest

    "colin" <> wrote in message

    > Gigi <itchyfeet(no spam)@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "colin" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Gigi <itchyfeet(no spam)@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> > hidden

    > them
    >> > down

    > how
    >> >>

    >> > Press F11

    I press F11 I get the help menu for whatever
    > program I happen to have open. I've been able to resize a few of my program
    > windows

    > Hi Audrey
    >
    > It could be then, that your screen-size/resolution has dropped back to
    > 640x480.
    > This can be fixed by right-clicking an empty area of your desktop, then
    > select properties from the context menu, then select the settings tab; move
    > the screen-size slider to 800x600, and then press ALT+A (Apply) and then
    > ENTER (OK) (as these buttons will most likely be off screen, and not able to
    > be mouse-clicked)
    >
    > colin

    Checked but the screen-size/resolution is already set at 800x600. The size of
    the print, display, etc. are correct. It's just that the whole window looks
    like it has rolled up above the top of the screen so there's no top edge to grab
    and pull down to resize the window so that I can see the top bar that has the
    file, etc. info on it. I know it was some key or combination of keys that I hit
    when I was typing that caused this.
    Audrey
    Gigi, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Gigi

    Thor Guest

    > Checked but the screen-size/resolution is already set at 800x600. The
    > size of the print, display, etc. are correct. It's just that the whole
    > window looks like it has rolled up above the top of the screen so there's
    > no top edge to grab and pull down to resize the window so that I can see
    > the top bar that has the file, etc. info on it. I know it was some key or
    > combination of keys that I hit when I was typing that caused this.
    > Audrey

    Audrey, try switching resolutions either higher or lower, and then back to
    800x600. It may correct the issue.
    Thor, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Gigi

    Trent© Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:25:11 GMT, "Gigi" <itchyfeet(no
    spam)@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Checked but the screen-size/resolution is already set at 800x600. The size of
    >the print, display, etc. are correct. It's just that the whole window looks
    >like it has rolled up above the top of the screen so there's no top edge to grab
    >and pull down to resize the window so that I can see the top bar that has the
    >file, etc. info on it. I know it was some key or combination of keys that I hit
    >when I was typing that caused this.
    >Audrey

    Did you happen to turn on some Accessibility feature?

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Dec 21, 2004
  8. Gigi

    Gigi Guest

    "Trent©" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:25:11 GMT, "Gigi" <itchyfeet(no
    > spam)@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Checked but the screen-size/resolution is already set at 800x600. The size of
    >>the print, display, etc. are correct. It's just that the whole window looks
    >>like it has rolled up above the top of the screen so there's no top edge to
    >>grab
    >>and pull down to resize the window so that I can see the top bar that has the
    >>file, etc. info on it. I know it was some key or combination of keys that I
    >>hit
    >>when I was typing that caused this.
    >>Audrey
    >>

    > Did you happen to turn on some Accessibility feature?
    >

    > Have a nice one...
    >
    > Trent©

    If I did I did it by accident and I haven't a clue how to access/turn off/turn
    on/ etc. I've been playing with the problem well over a week now and yesterday
    something I did seems to have worked to a degree. Now my windows are opening up
    small and I can grab the edges and resize them. Thanks all who tried to help!
    Gigi
    Gigi, Dec 22, 2004