    corner? I had no way to get to the edge. I right clicked on the
    title bar and selected Size but that didn't help.

    Thanks.
    Richard Fangnail, Apr 15, 2010

  2. On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:44:19 -0700 (PDT), Richard Fangnail
    <> wrote:

    > I have Vista. Just now, something happened to my Firefox window so
    > that the bottom edge was below the bottom of the screen. I couldn't
    > find a way to resize the window so that the bottom edge was visible.
    > (I had to close and restart Firefox and it was okay.)
    >
    > Was there a way to resize a window without dragging the edge or
    > corner? I had no way to get to the edge. I right clicked on the
    > title bar and selected Size but that didn't help.

    You couldn't get to the *bottom* edge or corner? Go to the top edge
    and drag it *down*. That will make the window smaller. Then drag the
    title bar up, to bring the bottom edge into view.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
    Ken Blake, MVP, Apr 15, 2010

  3. > You couldn't get to the *bottom* edge or corner? Go to the top edge
    > and drag it *down*. That will make the window smaller. Then drag the
    > title bar up, to bring the bottom edge into view.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

    Thank you, I should have realized that.

    I also found: right click on the taskbar and select Cascade or Show
    Stacked or Show Side by Side.
    Richard Fangnail, Apr 15, 2010
  4. Richard Fangnail

    Jordon Guest

    Richard Fangnail wrote:
    > I have Vista. Just now, something happened to my Firefox window so
    > that the bottom edge was below the bottom of the screen. I couldn't
    > find a way to resize the window so that the bottom edge was visible.
    > (I had to close and restart Firefox and it was okay.)
    >
    > Was there a way to resize a window without dragging the edge or
    > corner? I had no way to get to the edge. I right clicked on the
    > title bar and selected Size but that didn't help.

    Drag the top border down then drag the window up.
    Jordon, Apr 15, 2010
  5. On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:55:21 -0700 (PDT), Richard Fangnail
    <> wrote:

    > > You couldn't get to the *bottom* edge or corner? Go to the top edge
    > > and drag it *down*. That will make the window smaller. Then drag the
    > > title bar up, to bring the bottom edge into view.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

    > Thank you, I should have realized that.

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    > I also found: right click on the taskbar and select Cascade or Show
    > Stacked or Show Side by Side.

    Yep, another way to accomplish it.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
    Ken Blake, MVP, Apr 15, 2010
  6. Richard Fangnail

    thanatoid Guest

    Richard Fangnail <> wrote in
    ups.com:

    > I have Vista. Just now, something happened to my Firefox
    > window so that the bottom edge was below the bottom of the
    > screen. I couldn't find a way to resize the window so that
    > the bottom edge was visible. (I had to close and restart
    > Firefox and it was okay.)
    >
    > Was there a way to resize a window without dragging the
    > edge or corner? I had no way to get to the edge. I right
    > clicked on the title bar and selected Size but that didn't
    > help.

    I have found that problems like this can be solved with setting
    up the program and its windows (etc.) JUST the way you like it,
    and then exporting (and saving as a .reg file) the registry
    branch(es) where these setting are kept (in one or more
    "software" sections).

    When I get in a mess like you describe, I close the program,
    delete the messed up branches, and restore the saved .reg files.
    Works like a charm, although one wishes there was a faster way.

    This is basically the same as replacing a messed up ini/config
    file with a pristine "just the way I like it" one.
    Unfortunately, the assholes at MS decided to create the
    nightmare known as the registry. SOME better programs still use
    ini/cfg files. I don't know if FFox is one of them, I use
    OffByOne and Opera.
    thanatoid, Apr 15, 2010