    how i can resize the primary partition to make it more bigger WITHOUT
    FORMATING, or losing the data in this partition
    ???????????????????????????????????????

    shater, Feb 15, 2008

  2. shater

    Mark Guest

    Make the partition immediately after this 20GB partition smaller. Then, make
    the 20GB partition bigger.

    Mark, Feb 15, 2008

  3. shater

    John Barnes Guest

    Since the partition will generally remove any released space at the end of
    the partition, you will probably have to delete the following partition,
    expand into the freespace and then recreate your following partition. Third
    party partitioning software would allow you to do this better.

    John Barnes, Feb 15, 2008
  4. shater

    Drew Guest

    "shater" <> wrote in message
    > hii alll, actualy i have a 4 HD with 500Gb for each one, but i made a big
    > mistake by make the primary partition size 20GB, and as you all know this
    > storage is not enough for windows vista ultimate 64BIT and it's ubdate, SO
    > how i can resize the primary partition to make it more bigger WITHOUT
    > FORMATING, or losing the data in this partition
    > ???????????????????????????????????????

    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/diskdirectorsuite/

    Drew

    Drew, Feb 15, 2008
  5. "shater" <> wrote in message
    > hii alll, actualy i have a 4 HD with 500Gb for each one, but i made a big
    > mistake by make the primary partition size 20GB, and as you all know this
    > storage is not enough for windows vista ultimate 64BIT and it's ubdate, SO
    > how i can resize the primary partition to make it more bigger WITHOUT
    > FORMATING, or losing the data in this partition
    > ???????????????????????????????????????

    No problem. Put the hard drive in a vise and pull one end hard for about ten
    minutes and this should take care of resizing

    Garblich Piotr, Feb 15, 2008
  6. shater

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, shater.

    Numbers! We need numbers!

    As John Barnes said, several users have reported success with deleting that
    following partition, then extending C:, and then recreating the other
    partition(s). But we can't make solid recommendations without knowing more
    about the size of the other partitions and how full they may be. The key to
    expanding the System Partition is that there must be Free Space immediately
    following it. If you don't have that space, then you must create it.

    For example, if that 480 GB is a single partition but only 100 GB of it is
    used, then you could shrink it down to 120 GB (leave some elbow room). Then
    you could create a new 120 GB volume following it and move all the data to
    the new partition. Then you could delete the original partition and expand
    your first partition to use some or all of that space. And all without
    using any third-party products; it's all built into Vista, especially Disk
    Management (diskmgmt.msc).

    Many variations are possible, but they depend on how much free space you
    have or can create - contiguous to your system partition - to work with.
    With your 4 big drives, you may be able to just move the data from the first
    HD to another one - and then move it back later, if you like.

    Disk Management's Help file is somewhat obtuse, but full of useful
    information if you can work your way through its focus on topics that most
    users never get involved with, such as dynamic drives and GPT disks. Type
    "extend" into Help's search box to find a half-dozen pages on this topic.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Feb 15, 2008
  7. And while you can do this in diskmgmt.msc, it's a lot easier and more
    flexible to do it with Acronis or one of the other third party tools.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2008
  8. Juergen Kluth, Feb 18, 2008
  9. shater

    Gao linda Guest

    RE: RESIZE THE PARTITION!!! - shate

    You can try the DIsk Management of Windows Vista. It has a nifty utility to "shrink" or "expand" a partition. However, it does not work with FAT.

    Partition software can also help you. Such as freeware EASEUS Partition Manager can support vista now. :)

    Gao linda, Sep 28, 2008
  10. shater

    shiny 521 Guest

    resize the partition

    hi, I think many computer users are meeting with your problems, but some software can't keep data security, but now, it has released a more professional software---partition assistant software.
    you can click this site:http://www.extend-partition.com/
    I think it will solve your all problems.

    shate wrote:

    RESIZE THE PARTITION!!!
    15-Feb-08

    hii alll, actualy i have a 4 HD with 500Gb for each one, but i made a big
    mistake by make the primary partition size 20GB, and as you all know this
    storage is not enough for windows vista ultimate 64BIT and it's ubdate, SO
    how i can resize the primary partition to make it more bigger WITHOUT
    FORMATING, or losing the data in this partition
    ???????????????????????????????????????

    On Friday, February 15, 2008 10:46 AM
    shate wrote:

    RESIZE THE PARTITION!!!
    hii alll, actualy i have a 4 HD with 500Gb for each one, but i made a big
    mistake by make the primary partition size 20GB, and as you all know this
    storage is not enough for windows vista ultimate 64BIT and it's ubdate, SO
    how i can resize the primary partition to make it more bigger WITHOUT
    FORMATING, or losing the data in this partition
    ???????????????????????????????????????

    On Friday, February 15, 2008 11:05 AM
    Mark wrote:

    Make the partition immediately after this 20GB partition smaller.
    Make the partition immediately after this 20GB partition smaller. Then, mak
    the 20GB partition bigger.

    On Friday, February 15, 2008 11:14 AM
    John Barnes wrote:

    Since the partition will generally remove any released space at the end of the
    Since the partition will generally remove any released space at the end of
    the partition, you will probably have to delete the following partition,
    expand into the freespace and then recreate your following partition. Third
    party partitioning software would allow you to do this better

    "shater" <> wrote in message

    On Friday, February 15, 2008 11:15 AM
    Drew wrote:

    Re: RESIZE THE PARTITION!!!
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/diskdirectorsuite

    Drew

    On Friday, February 15, 2008 3:49 PM
    Garblich Piotr wrote:

    Re: RESIZE THE PARTITION!!!
    No problem. Put the hard drive in a vise and pull one end hard for about te
    minutes and this should take care of resizing

    On Friday, February 15, 2008 4:32 PM
    R. C. White wrote:

[...]

    R. C. White, CP
    San Marcos, T

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "shater" <> wrote in message

    On Friday, February 15, 2008 8:23 PM
    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    And while you can do this in diskmgmt.
    And while you can do this in diskmgmt.msc, it's a lot easier and more
    flexible to do it with Acronis or one of the other third party tools.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    "R. C. White" <> wrote in message

    On Monday, February 18, 2008 5:57 AM
    Juergen Kluth wrote:

    Re: RESIZE THE PARTITION!!!
    Hi,
    you can do it with "gparted"
    http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php
    jk

    On Sunday, September 28, 2008 2:04 AM
    Gao linda wrote:

    You can try the DIsk Management of Windows Vista.
    You can try the DIsk Management of Windows Vista. It has a nifty utility to "shrink" or "expand" a partition. However, it does not work with FAT.

    Partition software can also help you. Such as freeware EASEUS Partition Manager can support vista now. :)

    Load Testing ASP.NET Applications with Visual Studio 2010
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...net-applications-with-visual-studio-2010.aspx

    shiny 521, Jun 24, 2010
  11. shater

    shiny

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    resize partition

    hi,
    you said your primary partition are low disk space, you need to extend partition, now, it has a professional partition assistant software, you can resize your partition as you wish and meantime, keep data sceurity, have a try!

    shiny, Jun 24, 2010
  12. shater

    shiny

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    resize problem

    hello, did you solve your problem? last days, I bothered by resize , extend partition problems so much, and search so much innformation from Internet and my friends, I solved my difficulties, and wish to share with you this valuable information, I wish it could give you a hand...Partition Assistant~~

    shiny, Aug 18, 2010