    very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
    photos at once?

    , Aug 21, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
    > I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
    > size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
    > very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
    > photos at once?

    I use Irfanview (freeware) and batch a whole lot of images from one
    directory to re-sized ones in another, or the same directory.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --
    Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
    California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l

    TheNewsGuy(Mike), Aug 21, 2006

  3. John Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
    > I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
    > size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
    > very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
    > photos at once?

    If you are running Windows XP, you can download for free the PowerToy that
    lets you right-click on any number of pictures in a folder (or a folder) and
    almost instantly transform them into smaller sizes.

    Go here:
    Click on "resizer" in the right column.

    Be happy

    Now, if you want sharpening and other stuff.... others will chime in! (I use
    CS2)

    John, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Eric Babula Guest

    "TheNewsGuy(Mike)" <> wrote in

    > wrote:
    >> After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to
    >> a CD, I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to
    >> a smaller size. any software I have you have to do them one at at
    >> time which is very time consuming. Is there any software that can
    >> resize multiple photos at once?
    >>

    > I use Irfanview (freeware) and batch a whole lot of images from one
    > directory to re-sized ones in another, or the same directory.
    > http://www.irfanview.com/

    Yep, Irfanview is the way to go.

    Good luck!

    --
    Eric Babula
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

    Eric Babula, Aug 21, 2006
  5. Pete Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 09:33:38 -0700, wrote:

    > After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
    > I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
    > size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
    > very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
    > photos at once?

    JpegSizer is a great tool, especially if you want to do other things at the
    same time as the resizing, such as re-sharpening, adding captions,
    emailing, building a web gallery, etc.

    Free trial available here:

    http://www.tangotools.com/jpegsizer/?s=ng

    HTH

    Pete

    Pete, Aug 21, 2006
  6. bitwisebob Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 09:33:38 -0700, wrote:

    >After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
    >I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
    >size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
    >very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
    >photos at once?

    acdsee
    http://www.acdsee.com/

    or old versions from
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=acdsee

    ---
    Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
    Eugene Oregon

    bitwisebob, Aug 22, 2006
  7. Don Wiss Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 09:33:38 -0700, wrote:

    >After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
    >I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
    >size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
    >very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
    >photos at once?

    I resize multiple pictures using Easy Thumbnails from www.fookes.com. It is
    freeware. I use the command line mode. My calling program has an algorithm
    to calculate how much to resize each based on height. (I can read its pixel
    dimensions.) Since I losslessly crop using jpegcrop, the number of pixels
    in a dimension is always a multiple of 8, or maybe 16. I like to downsize
    in 1/8's, or 1/16's if the dimensions are divisible by 16. I think I get a
    better picture this way.

    You can simply open up Easy Thumbnails and use it to do a bunch at a time
    if you want to simply set a maximum dimension.

    Don Wiss, Aug 22, 2006