    something is hanging somewhere. Used the Norton program removal tool but
    it doesn't search for Partition Magic files. Anybody have a clue where
    else to look for the offending file(s)?
    Gary, Jul 4, 2007

  2. Gary

    Thip Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    news:468bca12$0$4887$...
    > At some point in the past I had Power Quest Partition Magic installed. At
    > some point it was uninstalled, but now I need it again. Couldn't find the
    > original disk. Symantec bought out Power Quest. The new Symantec disk
    > begins to install but errors out saying that an old version of Power Quest
    > Partition Magic is installed and must be removed first. I've searched the
    > registry for references to it without luck. Nothing in the add/remove
    > files. Nothing in the program folder. Zip. Obviously something is hanging
    > somewhere. Used the Norton program removal tool but it doesn't search for
    > Partition Magic files. Anybody have a clue where else to look for the
    > offending file(s)?

    Try running RegSeeker. It's free, it's good, and it makes backups before
    deletion.

    http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
    Thip, Jul 4, 2007

  3. Gary

    John Holmes Guest

    Gary "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > At some point in the past I had Power Quest Partition Magic installed.
    > At some point it was uninstalled, but now I need it again. Couldn't

    find
    > the original disk. Symantec bought out Power Quest. The new Symantec
    > disk begins to install but errors out saying that an old version of
    > Power Quest Partition Magic is installed and must be removed first.
    > I've searched the registry for references to it without luck. Nothing

    in
    > the add/remove files. Nothing in the program folder. Zip. Obviously
    > something is hanging somewhere. Used the Norton program removal tool

    but
    > it doesn't search for Partition Magic files. Anybody have a clue where
    > else to look for the offending file(s)?

    First, ignore that **** who calls himself Thip.
    Second, download and run the M$ MSI cleaner.
    That will remove all instances for previous or incomplete installations
    enabling you to perform a fresh install of any program that uses MSI.

    --
    You cum-stained, swag-bellied penis.
    John Holmes, Jul 4, 2007
  4. Gary

    John Holmes, Jul 4, 2007
  5. Gary

    Thip Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Gary "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    > First, ignore that **** who calls himself Thip.
    > Second, download and run the M$ MSI cleaner.
    > That will remove all instances for previous or incomplete installations
    > enabling you to perform a fresh install of any program that uses MSI.
    >
    > --
    > You cum-stained, swag-bellied penis.

    Well, you got the "****" part right, but cunts are female, not male.

    And I just looooooooooove abusive dirtbags like you, sweet boy. <bats
    eyelashes>

    Thip, Jul 5, 2007