    Some of the above have poor online reviews floating around - I wonder if there are any better ones.

    Cheers
    JohnO
    JohnO, Nov 30, 2012

  2. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Friday, 30 November 2012 15:20:19 UTC+13, JohnO wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >

    > Does anyone have any comments or recommendations for reshipping services such as reship.com, viaadress.com, bongo.com etc.
    >

    > These services offer a US shipping address with on-shipping to NZ to get around US online retailers that do not ship internationally.
    >

    > Some of the above have poor online reviews floating around - I wonder if there are any better ones.
    >

    > Cheers
    >
    > JohnO

    Don't even bother, folks! NZPost does this - "youshop"

    Way cheaper than the other services!
    JohnO, Nov 30, 2012

  3. JohnO

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-11-30, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Friday, 30 November 2012 15:20:19 UTC+13, JohnO wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>

    >> Does anyone have any comments or recommendations for reshipping services such as reship.com, viaadress.com, bongo.com etc.
    >>

    >> These services offer a US shipping address with on-shipping to NZ to get around US online retailers that do not ship internationally.
    >>

    >> Some of the above have poor online reviews floating around - I wonder if there are any better ones.

    Those that do not? yes?

    > Don't even bother, folks! NZPost does this - "youshop"
    >
    > Way cheaper than the other services!

    Shit, now you have let the cat out of the bag! ;-)

    Or are you in advertising mode?

    Seriously, if one needed reshipping services in a global economy (spot the
    irony) then I would see if one's country offered the service, if and only if
    I wished to keep some to the cost of the service in the country.
    Gordon, Nov 30, 2012
  4. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Friday, 30 November 2012 17:08:06 UTC+13, Gordon wrote:
    > On 2012-11-30, JohnO <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Friday, 30 November 2012 15:20:19 UTC+13, JohnO wrote:

    > >> Hi All,

    > >> Does anyone have any comments or recommendations for reshipping services such as reship.com, viaadress.com, bongo.com etc.

    > >> These services offer a US shipping address with on-shipping to NZ to get around US online retailers that do not ship internationally.

    > >> Some of the above have poor online reviews floating around - I wonder if there are any better ones.

    > Those that do not? yes?
    >
    > > Don't even bother, folks! NZPost does this - "youshop"

    > > Way cheaper than the other services!

    > Shit, now you have let the cat out of the bag! ;-)
    >
    > Or are you in advertising mode?

    Why on earth would you think I would be advertising for NZPost?

    > Seriously, if one needed reshipping services in a global economy (spot the
    > irony) then I would see if one's country offered the service, if and onlyif
    > I wished to keep some to the cost of the service in the country.

    How odd. I couldn't care less if the cost is kept in the country. I'm more interested in the service being reliable, timely and well priced.

    I often find that items I want (in this case the new Kindle Paperwhite) arenot available in NZ and not available to be shipped to NZ due to exclusivedistribution agreements. However with this shipping service I can get one sent here for around the price of the old generation Kindle from a local supplier.
    JohnO, Nov 30, 2012
  5. JohnO

    Seagull Guest

    "JohnO"

    "JohnO" wrote in message

    On Friday, 30 November 2012 17:08:06 UTC+13, Gordon wrote:
    > On 2012-11-30, JohnO <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Friday, 30 November 2012 15:20:19 UTC+13, JohnO wrote:

    > >> Hi All,

    > >> Does anyone have any comments or recommendations for reshipping
    > >> services such as reship.com, viaadress.com, bongo.com etc.

    > >> These services offer a US shipping address with on-shipping to NZ to
    > >> get around US online retailers that do not ship internationally.

    > >> Some of the above have poor online reviews floating around - I wonder
    > >> if there are any better ones.

    > Those that do not? yes?
    >
    > > Don't even bother, folks! NZPost does this - "youshop"

    > > Way cheaper than the other services!

    > Shit, now you have let the cat out of the bag! ;-)
    >
    > Or are you in advertising mode?

    Why on earth would you think I would be advertising for NZPost?

    > Seriously, if one needed reshipping services in a global economy (spot the
    > irony) then I would see if one's country offered the service, if and only
    > if
    > I wished to keep some to the cost of the service in the country.

    How odd. I couldn't care less if the cost is kept in the country. I'm more
    interested in the service being reliable, timely and well priced.

    I often find that items I want (in this case the new Kindle Paperwhite) are
    not available in NZ and not available to be shipped to NZ due to exclusive
    distribution agreements. However with this shipping service I can get one
    sent here for around the price of the old generation Kindle from a local
    supplier.

    "JohnO" I was thinking along the same lines as you but then I read the 1
    star reviews on Amazons own site.
    http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperw...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
    It seems there are a rather high failure rate on this paperwhite display.
    The hassle and cost of returning the reader to USA if I got a dud was too
    much to contemplate.
    Seagull, Nov 30, 2012
  6. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Saturday, 1 December 2012 11:51:59 UTC+13, Seagull wrote:
    > "JohnO"
    >
    > "JohnO" wrote in message
    > On Friday, 30 November 2012 17:08:06 UTC+13, Gordon wrote:

    > > Those that do not? yes?
    > > > Don't even bother, folks! NZPost does this - "youshop"
    > > > Way cheaper than the other services!

    > > Shit, now you have let the cat out of the bag! ;-)
    > > Or are you in advertising mode?

    > Why on earth would you think I would be advertising for NZPost?
    > > Seriously, if one needed reshipping services in a global economy (spot the
    > > irony) then I would see if one's country offered the service, if and only
    > > if
    > > I wished to keep some to the cost of the service in the country.

    > How odd. I couldn't care less if the cost is kept in the country. I'm more
    > interested in the service being reliable, timely and well priced.
    > I often find that items I want (in this case the new Kindle Paperwhite) are
    > not available in NZ and not available to be shipped to NZ due to exclusive
    > distribution agreements. However with this shipping service I can get one
    > sent here for around the price of the old generation Kindle from a local
    > supplier.
    >
    > "JohnO" I was thinking along the same lines as you but then I read the 1
    > star reviews on Amazons own site.
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperw...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
    >
    > It seems there are a rather high failure rate on this paperwhite display.
    > The hassle and cost of returning the reader to USA if I got a dud was too
    > much to contemplate.

    Interesting. Amazon stopped supplying them this month, and none are being shipped until around 21 Dec. Maybe they had to recall a bad batch or go back and resolve a manufacturing fault?
    JohnO, Dec 1, 2012
  7. JohnO

    Mike Dee Guest

    JohnO wrote:

    > Does anyone have any comments or recommendations for reshipping
    > services such as reship.com, viaadress.com, bongo.com etc.

    [...]
    > Some of the above have poor online reviews floating around - I
    > wonder if there are any better ones.

    We've used Shipito for a few years now. Have found them to be reliable,
    quick turnaround and reasonable (price-wise).

    <http://www.shipito.com/>

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Dec 1, 2012
  8. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Saturday, 1 December 2012 16:45:15 UTC+13, JohnO wrote:
    > On Saturday, 1 December 2012 11:51:59 UTC+13, Seagull wrote:
    >
    > > "JohnO"

    > > "JohnO" wrote in message

    > > > Those that do not? yes?

    > > > Shit, now you have let the cat out of the bag! ;-)

    > > > Or are you in advertising mode?

    > > Why on earth would you think I would be advertising for NZPost?

    > > > Seriously, if one needed reshipping services in a global economy (spot the

    > > > irony) then I would see if one's country offered the service, if and only

    > > > if

    > > > I wished to keep some to the cost of the service in the country.

    > > How odd. I couldn't care less if the cost is kept in the country. I'm more

    > > interested in the service being reliable, timely and well priced.

    > > I often find that items I want (in this case the new Kindle Paperwhite)are

    > > not available in NZ and not available to be shipped to NZ due to exclusive

    > > distribution agreements. However with this shipping service I can get one

    > > sent here for around the price of the old generation Kindle from a local

    > > supplier.

    > > "JohnO" I was thinking along the same lines as you but then I read the1

    > > star reviews on Amazons own site.

    > > http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperw...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

    > > It seems there are a rather high failure rate on this paperwhite display.

    > > The hassle and cost of returning the reader to USA if I got a dud was too

    > > much to contemplate.

    > Interesting. Amazon stopped supplying them this month, and none are beingshipped until around 21 Dec. Maybe they had to recall a bad batch or go back and resolve a manufacturing fault?

    Just a followup to this story:

    - The Kindle Paperwhites did turn up and I must say I'm very pleased with the new model. Not only is the screen and illumination great, it also has a nicer case and feel than the older Kindles. Perhaps it should have an ambient light sensor to automatically set the backlight level.

    - Youshop works and is very cheap. It is quite slow - it took a few weeks to send the package to me but I'll cut them some slack as it was over the Christmas period

    - NZPost is fucking hopeless. I setup online, a mail redirection to our beach house and it was ignored. Worse, items I ordered were signature required, but Courierpost just chucked them over the gate onto the grass while we were away. If it wasn't for my neighbour my Kindles and some other electronics would have sat out in the rain for a couple of weeks until I got home.
    JohnO, Jan 23, 2013
  9. JohnO

    bugalugs Guest

    On 23/01/2013 1:19 p.m., JohnO wrote:
    > On Saturday, 1 December 2012 16:45:15 UTC+13, JohnO wrote:
    >> On Saturday, 1 December 2012 11:51:59 UTC+13, Seagull wrote:
    >>
    >>> "JohnO"

    >>> "JohnO" wrote in message

    >>> Why on earth would you think I would be advertising for NZPost?

    >>> How odd. I couldn't care less if the cost is kept in the country. I'm more

    >>> interested in the service being reliable, timely and well priced.

    >>> I often find that items I want (in this case the new Kindle Paperwhite) are

    >>> not available in NZ and not available to be shipped to NZ due to exclusive

    >>> distribution agreements. However with this shipping service I can get one

    >>> sent here for around the price of the old generation Kindle from a local

    >>> supplier.

    >>> "JohnO" I was thinking along the same lines as you but then I read the 1

    >>> star reviews on Amazons own site.

    >>> http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperw...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

    >>> It seems there are a rather high failure rate on this paperwhite display.

    >>> The hassle and cost of returning the reader to USA if I got a dud was too

    >>> much to contemplate.

    >> Interesting. Amazon stopped supplying them this month, and none are being shipped until around 21 Dec. Maybe they had to recall a bad batch or go back and resolve a manufacturing fault?

    > Just a followup to this story:
    >
    > - The Kindle Paperwhites did turn up and I must say I'm very pleased with the new model. Not only is the screen and illumination great, it also has a nicer case and feel than the older Kindles. Perhaps it should have an ambient light sensor to automatically set the backlight level.
    >
    > - Youshop works and is very cheap. It is quite slow - it took a few weeks to send the package to me but I'll cut them some slack as it was over the Christmas period
    >
    > - NZPost is fucking hopeless. I setup online, a mail redirection to our beach house and it was ignored. Worse, items I ordered were signature required, but Courierpost just chucked them over the gate onto the grass while we were away. If it wasn't for my neighbour my Kindles and some other electronics would have sat out in the rain for a couple of weeks until I got home.

    tell you they were delivered on xx day ask who signed for them. You paid
    extra for the security of requiring a signature, yuo never got it and
    b=now the thing is missing. then start talking compensation.

    bugalugs, Jan 23, 2013