    through the user guide but cannot find a way to erase the settings that are
    on there and start fresh.

    Aside form calling Sympatico direct is there a way to do this?
    joe, Jul 18, 2005

  2. joe

    FML Guest

    joe wrote:
    > hey
    >
    > i am have been away form home for a month or so and forgot the password i
    > used to access the setting on my effiecent networks router (the one that
    > comes with the home networking package) i haveen online looking and looked
    > through the user guide but cannot find a way to erase the settings that are
    > on there and start fresh.
    >
    > Aside form calling Sympatico direct is there a way to do this?

    I am not familiar with the "effiecent" brand, but most routers have a
    button (usually hidden away some place) that allows you to reset it to
    factory specs. Look for a "factory reset button" in the manual.
    FML, Jul 18, 2005

  3. joe

    Mark Guest

    "FML" <> wrote in message
    > joe wrote:
    >> hey
    >>
    >> i am have been away form home for a month or so and forgot the password i
    >> used to access the setting on my effiecent networks router (the one that
    >> comes with the home networking package) i haveen online looking and
    >> looked
    >> through the user guide but cannot find a way to erase the settings that
    >> are
    >> on there and start fresh.
    >>
    >> Aside form calling Sympatico direct is there a way to do this?
    >>

    > I am not familiar with the "effiecent" brand, but most routers have a
    > button (usually hidden away some place) that allows you to reset it to
    > factory specs. Look for a "factory reset button" in the manual.

    maybe 'ipconfig /release' - 'ipconfig /renew' ??
    Mark, Jul 18, 2005
  4. joe

    pcbutts1 Guest

    The password is the same as your email password with your ISP. If you don't
    know that one then to access the modem you need the modem access code which
    is on the bottom of the unit. There is also a reset button on the bottom but
    it is covered by the label.

    pcbutts1, Jul 18, 2005
  5. joe

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1 <> wrote:

    > The password is the same as your email password with your ISP.

    My last boyfriend had a big one.

    > If you don't know that one then to access the modem you need the modem
    > access code which is on the bottom of the unit.

    Don't adjust.

    > There is also a reset button on the bottom but it is covered by the label.

    It's better than being asleep.
    pcbutts1, Jul 18, 2005
  6. joe

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1 <> wrote:

    > The password is thuh same as yore email password with yore ISP.

    My kid has the right to rollerblade down the sidewalk.

    > If'n yew don't know that one thuhn tuh access thuh modem doodad yew need
    > thuh modem doodad access code which is on thuh bottuhm uh thuh unit.

    Don't adjust.

    pcbutts1, Jul 18, 2005
  7. joe

    joe Guest

    tried to look for rest button under big lable on bottom
    no go
    tried the modem access code
    no go
    called sympatico
    the guy tallked to me for 5 mins than put me on hold, came back and asked
    how many antenna were o nthe back of the modem put me back on hold came back
    asked how may computers i had and than told me he was transferring me to a
    tier 2 agent, i hope to have results soon

    joe, Jul 18, 2005