    the password?

    many thanks,
    dkl4
    lorider, Aug 10, 2004

  2. lorider

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:22:38 -0500, lorider wrote:

    > I have an IDS-4210-K9 which requires me to enter a login name and
    > password, which I don't have or know. Is there a way for me to reset
    > the password?
    >
    > many thanks,
    > dkl4

    What version? If 3.x (Solaris), then you are better off re-imaging it.
    If 4.x (Linux) then you can break into the grub bootloader and run it in
    single user mode. Do a google search for the latter if you are
    unfamiliar with the process...basically a linux password recovery.

    Rik Bain
    Rik Bain, Aug 10, 2004

  3. lorider

    lorider Guest

    Rik Bain <> wrote in message news:<41192f80$0$5468$>...
    > On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:22:38 -0500, lorider wrote:
    >
    > > I have an IDS-4210-K9 which requires me to enter a login name and
    > > password, which I don't have or know. Is there a way for me to reset
    > > the password?
    > >
    > > many thanks,
    > > dkl4

    > What version? If 3.x (Solaris), then you are better off re-imaging it.
    > If 4.x (Linux) then you can break into the grub bootloader and run it in
    > single user mode. Do a google search for the latter if you are
    > unfamiliar with the process...basically a linux password recovery.
    >
    > Rik Bain

    Gee, i don't really know what version it is running. I've console
    into the IDS using the folling settings:

    Bits per second: 9600
    Data bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1