    how to back out. Can someone tell me where to look for possible
    solutions? I suspect it's in the registry but can't find it.

    TIA

    TinCanMan, Aug 16, 2004

  2. TinCanMan

    °Mike° Guest

    In SpyBot S&D (Advanced mode) go to the 'Tools'
    tab and click on 'IE Tweaks'. Uncheck 'Lock IE
    Control Panel....'

    On 16 Aug 2004 11:01:48 -0700, in
    <>
    TinCanMan scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 16, 2004

  3. TinCanMan

    TinCanMan Guest

    OK, thanx but it doesn't look like that was it. 'Lock IE Control Panel....'
    was unchecked. I also checked the
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and that key
    "Internet Explorer" appears to be missing.

    TinCanMan, Aug 17, 2004
  4. TinCanMan

    °Mike° Guest

    Then go back to the software that borked it up, and
    unbork it -- in the future, I suggest that you stick
    with these, and only these:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    HijackThis
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip
    http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe
    http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
    http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:26:36 -0700, in
    <>
    TinCanMan scrawled:

    >OK, thanx but it doesn't look like that was it. 'Lock IE Control Panel....'
    >was unchecked. I also checked the
    >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and that key
    >"Internet Explorer" appears to be missing.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 17, 2004