    asking. (Saved the choice)
    and need it back to asking me what to do.

    Thanks.
    j, Jun 15, 2007

  2. j

    Guest

    j <> wrote:

    >I'm need to know how to reset the way windows handles links to files
    >to the default.
    >
    >I accidentilty set windows to open .Torrent files by default without
    >asking. (Saved the choice)
    >and need it back to asking me what to do.

    Hold down the right shift key, right click on the .torrent file,
    select "Open with" - pick your torrent program and always open with.

    --

    Caught by the camera...
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52qjv51

  3. j

    j Guest

    Thats the exact opposite of what I'm trying to do.

    j, Jun 15, 2007
  4. j

    Ben Myers Guest

    "j" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I'm need to know how to reset the way windows handles links to files
    > to the default.
    >
    > I accidentilty set windows to open .Torrent files by default without
    > asking. (Saved the choice)
    > and need it back to asking me what to do.

    Start "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer", click "Tools", select
    "File Types", scroll down to and highlight the file type in question,
    click "Remove" and confirm the removal. You may have to restart
    the computer for the change to take effect.

    Ben
    Ben Myers, Jun 15, 2007
  5. j

    Guest

    j <> wrote:

    >Thats the exact opposite of what I'm trying to do.

    Sorry bout that :}

    >On Jun 14, 11:05 pm, wrote:
    >> j <> wrote:
    >> >I'm need to know how to reset the way windows handles links to files
    >> >to the default.

    >> >I accidentilty set windows to open .Torrent files by default without
    >> >asking. (Saved the choice)
    >> >and need it back to asking me what to do.

    >> Hold down the right shift key, right click on the .torrent file,
    >> select "Open with" - pick your torrent program and always open with.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Caught by the camera...http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52qjv51

    --

    http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/