    the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.
    Tnx
    Jim
    jim fisher, Aug 28, 2007

  2. jim fisher

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:28:13 GMT, jim fisher <>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
    >the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

    N/S? Netscape? Something else?

    Likely Tools, Accounts.
    Or google 'change pop password netscape'

    First result:

    http://www.finelinedesign.com/e-mail.htm
    Evan Platt, Aug 28, 2007

  3. jim fisher

    Gordon Guest

    "jim fisher" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
    > the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.
    > Tnx
    > Jim

    Your ISP gives it to you when you create the account with them....
    Gordon, Aug 28, 2007
  4. jim fisher

    lee houston Guest

    jim fisher wrote:
    > I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
    > the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

    you don't mention your isp name. but in general for moz
    mail clients, setup everything else for the pop server, then
    click on 'Receive' and system will prompt for password
    with option to remember it. Make sure you are using the
    ISP issued username (likely your email address).

    Might be best to set up SMTP server first so you can
    send mail to test the receive mail.

    lee
    lee houston, Aug 28, 2007
  5. jim fisher

    lee houston Guest

    jim fisher wrote:
    > I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
    > the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

    I just noticed your Subject: does not agree with your
    question. Are you really trying to *reset* the password?
    That aint gonna happen without support from the ISP.
    (legally at least).
    It might help if you told us the Internet Provider in question?
    lee houston, Aug 28, 2007
  6. jim fisher

    John Holmes Guest

    lee houston "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > jim fisher wrote:
    >> I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
    >> the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

    > I just noticed your Subject: does not agree with your
    > question. Are you really trying to *reset* the password?
    > That aint gonna happen without support from the ISP.

    I can change my password frome here, as long as I can remember the old
    password. No support from the ISP needed.

    --
    Your mother was a cadaverous ageing hippy who used to do unmentionable
    things to cheese on a bungee rope.
    John Holmes, Aug 28, 2007
  7. jim fisher

    Rectum Burn Guest

    jim fisher <> said in

    > I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
    > the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.
    > Tnx
    > Jim

    With your dick..............moron.

    HTH