    Is there an easy command that will reset the routers to defaults?

    Any help would be appreicated. Thanks

    , Nov 10, 2005

  2. Uli Link Guest

    schrieb:

    > Hello All - I don't have very much cisco experience, so I hope someone
    > can answer this question. We recently switched over many of our PTP
    > T1's to VPN's. So now we have lots of extra cisco routers. I am
    > wanting to sell them on ebay, but I am not sure how to reset the
    > routers to factory defaults.
    >
    > Is there an easy command that will reset the routers to defaults?
    >
    > Any help would be appreicated. Thanks

    erase nvram:

    deletes startup-config and RSA keys. After the nvram filesystem is
    initialized turn of the device.

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Are there insturctions somewhere that takes me step by step through
    those processes? I am not that familiar with cisco commands.

    Thanks

    , Nov 10, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Are there insturctions somewhere that takes me step by step through
    > those processes? I am not that familiar with cisco commands.
    >
    > Thanks

    I didn't know how to ddo this either, never having had to, so assuming
    the advice above is correct (it looks OK):

    attach a terminal (or a terminal emulator like hyperterminal) set to
    9600,8,N,1 to the console port.

    turn on the router.

    Wait for it to boot.

    type 'enable' (or just 'en') at the prompt.

    type 'erase nvram'

    wait until it completes.

    turn off the router.

    Turn it back on and it should come back with a default config.

    BTW, what routers are they, and where are you?

    Chris Bartram, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Guest

    Thanks for the help!

    They we have 4 2620's and 2 2501's.