Reset Card??

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by lizzieb, May 25, 2005.

  1. lizzieb

    lizzieb Guest

    lizzieb, May 25, 2005

  2. lizzieb

    Guest

    Sounds like Deep Freeze (http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp)
    on a chip. Basically the software for deep freeze runs on a Flash
    Memory chip.

    I suppose it could be useful, and it probally works, but, untill the
    technology matures and a "Name Brand" is available I don't think i
    would trust it. Its probally a lot like the Ginsu knives you see on
    late night TV. I've worked with Deep Freeze before and its a great
    product, but it has some related problems. First you cant save
    anything with out unfreezing it first. Plus if I have problems, I've
    always been able to restore the PC from a master image file. So for
    home users, probally not a good idea.
    , May 27, 2005