  1. any body got any views on outlook express 2003, any 1 using it give me your
    views, please !!!!

    chris
    christina Bye, Jan 29, 2006

  2. christina Bye

    Psy Guest

    worth geting office 03
    Psy, Jan 29, 2006

  3. christina Bye wrote:

    > any body got any views on outlook express 2003, any 1 using it give me
    > your views, please !!!!

    The latest version of Outlook Express is 6, which you appear to be
    using.

    Did you mean Outlook? The corporate application, with calendars,
    reminders, other stuff? Is this for home use? Outlook is overkill for
    the average home user. Stick with OE, or better yet, upgrade to
    something modern and secure, like Thunderbird.
    http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

    (A pox on Bill Gates for using the word Outlook in the names of both
    programs...)

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 29, 2006
  4. christina Bye

    Andy Petro Guest

    "christina Bye" <> wrote in message
    > any body got any views on outlook express 2003, any 1 using it give me
    > your views, please !!!!
    >
    > chris

    I use Outlook Express 6 ...2004 and very satisfied with it
    Andy Petro, Jan 29, 2006
  5. christina Bye

    Psy Guest

    I use thnuderbird but it seems to be geting slower and slower so for
    now im not recomending that you use it as your main emil program
    Psy, Jan 29, 2006
  6. christina Bye

    Rich Wilson Guest

    > (A pox on Bill Gates for using the word Outlook in the names of both
    > programs...)

    He obviously underestimated the stupidity of the average user...
    Rich Wilson, Jan 29, 2006
  7. christina Bye

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:FgcDf.64896$,
    Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > message news:bckrhhozb6cu.13eh9blf0t340$...
    >>
    >> (A pox on Bill Gates for using the word Outlook in the names of both
    >> programs...)

    > He obviously underestimated the stupidity of the average user...

    No doubt. 15 years ago, if I had a conversation with a computer user, they
    knew what they were doing. They knew how things worked. They knew the
    difference between an operating system and an application.

    Now, if someone calls with a question about their word processer and ask
    them what program they are running they say "Windows". Criminy! Where *did*
    they come from?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 29, 2006
  8. Psy wrote:

    > I use thnuderbird but it seems to be geting slower and slower so for
    > now im not recomending that you use it as your main emil program

    Then you are doing something wrong, or you have way too many emails in
    your .. Inbox. Set up other folders for archiving and move old mail into
    them. Or there is something else bollixed with your computer.
    Thunderbird is quite fast.

    And read this page:
    http://safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 30, 2006
  9. Re: Re: research

    Psy wrote:

    worth geting office 03

    Tell me more about that.
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  10. christina Bye wrote:

    any body got any views on outlook express 2003, any 1 using it give me your
    >views, please !!!!
    >
    >chris

    What about your own?
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  11. Re: Re: research

    Psy wrote:

    worth geting office 03

    Tell me more about that.
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  12. Re: Re: research

    christina Bye wrote:

    >The latest version of Outlook Express is 6, which you appear to be
    >using.
    >
    >Did you mean Outlook? The corporate application, with calendars,
    >reminders, other stuff? Is this for home use? Outlook is overkill for
    >the average home user. Stick with OE, or better yet, upgrade to
    >something modern and secure, like Thunderbird.
    >http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/
    >
    >(A pox on Bill Gates for using the word Outlook in the names of both
    >programs...)

    Oh, I appear to be?
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  13. Re: Re: research

    Psy wrote:

    I use thnuderbird but it seems to be geting slower and slower so for
    >now im not recomending that you use it as your main emil program

    That's quite interesting.
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  14. Re: Re: research

    Andy Petro wrote:

    >I use Outlook Express 6 ...2004 and very satisfied with it

    You say you use Outlook Express 6?
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  15. Re: Re: research

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  16. Re: Re: research

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    In news:FgcDf.64896$,
    >Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    >
    >No doubt. 15 years ago, if I had a conversation with a computer user, they
    >knew what they were doing. They knew how things worked. They knew the
    >difference between an operating system and an application.
    >
    >Now, if someone calls with a question about their word processer and ask
    >them what program they are running they say "Windows". Criminy! Where *did*
    >they come from?

    Don't you think computers can help people?
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  17. Re: Re: research

    Psy wrote:

    >Then you are doing something wrong, or you have way too many emails in
    >your .. Inbox. Set up other folders for archiving and move old mail into
    >them. Or there is something else bollixed with your computer.
    >Thunderbird is quite fast.
    >
    >And read this page:
    >http://safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    Why do you mention computers?