rescue disk

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Danielle Giddins, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. how do you make one

    Danielle Giddins, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Danielle Giddins

    Gordon Guest

    Danielle Giddins scribbled this:

    > how do you make one

    Could you be a bit more vague? Like not telling us what your OS is?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10

    Gordon, Jan 11, 2006

  3. xp sorry

    Danielle Giddins, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Danielle Giddins

    Gordon Guest

    Danielle Giddins scribbled this:

    > xp sorry

    If you have a retail or generic OEM copy of XP (either full or upgrade) then
    the CD is bootable and you can repair your system with that. If you have a
    *RESTORE* CD, and/or a hidden partition, then you can ONLY restore the
    machine back to factory settings, which will, of course, wipe out all your
    data.
    Rule No 1 of computing: ackup, backup, backup.
    Rule No 2 of computing: There are no more rules.

    Gordon, Jan 11, 2006
  5. Danielle Giddins

    London Cpl Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:52:00 +0000 (UTC), Danielle Giddins wrote:

    > xp sorry

    follow? to hard really thread the makes posting top that aware you Were

    London Cpl, Jan 11, 2006
  6. Danielle Giddins

    Martik Guest

    "Danielle Giddins" <> wrote in message
    > xp sorry
    >

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> Danielle Giddins scribbled this:
    >>
    >>> how do you make one

    >> Could you be a bit more vague? Like not telling us what your OS is?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Registered Linux User no 240308
    >> Ubuntu 5.10
    >> gordonDOTburgessparkerATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    >> to email me replace the obvious!

    No such animal for XP, what's the application. Maybe you want a boot floppy?

    Martik, Jan 11, 2006
  7. Danielle Giddins

    Gordon Guest

    Martik scribbled this:

    > "Danielle Giddins" <> wrote in message
    >> xp sorry
    >>

    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>> Danielle Giddins scribbled this:

    >>> Could you be a bit more vague? Like not telling us what your OS is?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Registered Linux User no 240308
    >>> Ubuntu 5.10
    >>> gordonDOTburgessparkerATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    >>> to email me replace the obvious!

    > No such animal for XP, what's the application. Maybe you want a boot
    > floppy?

    Why are you telling me that?

    Gordon, Jan 11, 2006
  8. Danielle Giddins

    Martik Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Martik scribbled this:
    >

    >> "Danielle Giddins" <> wrote in message
    >>> xp sorry
    >>>

    >>> "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >> No such animal for XP, what's the application. Maybe you want a boot
    >> floppy?

    > Why are you telling me that?

    Whoops, excuse me I just woke up!

    Martik, Jan 11, 2006