    resample in CS2 to get the correct exact ppi before sending?

    TIA
    DuncanC

    Duncan Chesley, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Duncan Chesley

    Guest

    Duncan Chesley wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I was reading Weldon's web site. For 11x14 prints they recommend
    > either 240 ppi or 360 ppi.
    >
    > I've read different things in different places about the necessity of
    > resampling to match an "even" printer-based value for ppi. But I never
    > like to resample my files.
    >
    > So if I'm sending a file for printing at a place like Weldon, should I
    > resample in CS2 to get the correct exact ppi before sending?
    >
    > TIA
    > DuncanC

    The printers shouldn't have a problem if your file has a higher
    resolution than recommended, it's just that you will be trusting the
    machine to resample it automaticaly (just like when you print on your
    inkjet, you trust it to output a high resolution file prperly) to fit
    the paper size and printer resolution.
    If it makes you feel better, resample your files at home and rsave them
    on a seperate disc.
    That way your originals are not altered and the printing place gets
    exactly what they ask for.

    , Aug 22, 2006

  3. Duncan Chesley

    Guest

    Duncan Chesley wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was reading Weldon's web site. For 11x14 prints they recommend
    > either 240 ppi or 360 ppi.
    >
    > I've read different things in different places about the necessity of
    > resampling to match an "even" printer-based value for ppi. But I never
    > like to resample my files.
    >
    > So if I'm sending a file for printing at a place like Weldon, should I
    > resample in CS2 to get the correct exact ppi before sending?
    >
    > TIA
    > DuncanC

    For your own printing, don't resample, but to send it to someone who
    wants a specific ppi, go for it. Save as a new file, so you still
    retain the original. Most good editors these days do not introduce
    serious artifacts in resampling, and since you don't know the firm's
    software, there may be good reasons to follow their recommendations.

    , Aug 22, 2006
  4. On 22 Aug 2006 06:38:57 -0700, wrote:

    >Duncan Chesley wrote:

    >> So if I'm sending a file for printing at a place like Weldon, should I
    >> resample in CS2 to get the correct exact ppi before sending?

    >For your own printing, don't resample, but to send it to someone who
    >wants a specific ppi, go for it.

    Thanks to you and dj_ for your responses.

    Cheers,
    DuncanC

    Duncan Chesley, Aug 23, 2006