    Asian versions or something.

    Is the resale value of these sets very low?

    Just wondering...
    Brian, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Brian

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Brian <> wrote:

    > Hi...
    >
    > I've noticed a lot of Season Set DVD's on EBAY for X-Files and it seem like
    > even selling as a complete set for all 9 season, I don't see high prices
    > going for it. I've seen some at $100.00, no reserve and just hours to go.
    > What's up with this? I didn't look closely but it could be one of those
    > Asian versions or something.
    >
    > Is the resale value of these sets very low?
    >
    > Just wondering...

    It's whatever people are willing to pay. Usually on Ebay unless it's an
    asian version I've found prices tend to end up around what internet
    stores charge so there's little savings.

    [takes a look]

    If you're refering to auctions such as:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=63295860
    45&rd=1

    then yes, these are cheap Asian versions. Seller's in China, the sets
    have optional Chinese subtitles, shipping is $50. Heh, I like that is
    states for audio that "original English spoken by the original
    actors/actresses". That's always good to know :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Brian

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > Hi...
    >
    > I've noticed a lot of Season Set DVD's on EBAY for X-Files and it seem
    > like even selling as a complete set for all 9 season, I don't see high
    > prices going for it. I've seen some at $100.00, no reserve and just
    > hours to go. What's up with this? I didn't look closely but it could
    > be one of those Asian versions or something.
    >
    > Is the resale value of these sets very low?

    eBay is flooded with cheap Asian bootlegs of the X-Files sets. Those
    shouldn't be taken as an indicator of what legitimate copies are worth.
    Joshua Zyber, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Brian

    davidng Guest

    The Asian version is same as the US version
    except it has some Chinese Character in the Art work
    other wise, it is the same content on the same plastics
    bit by bit, byte by byte
    you have to ask yourself , it is the digital content you are buying
    not the character
    the cost of all the DVDs is around $3, the vanders and 3 millions
    dvd sellers in ASIA are basically selling for the cost of plastics
    it is the mass industrial process that meant to brought down the
    Hollywood empire, this is a true event of " the Empire strike back"
    I meant the Red Empire of Dragon

    I seen lots of Star War Triology are selling crazy in the street of Hong
    Kong

    "Brian" <> ¦b¶l¥ó news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    davidng, Oct 9, 2004
  5. davidng wrote:
    > The Asian version is same as the US version
    > except it has some Chinese Character in the Art work
    > other wise, it is the same content on the same plastics
    > bit by bit, byte by byte

    Wrong, as I've seen these editions in play and they are not
    the same. The video is compressed further to fit on a single
    layer disc, and I've seen occasional audio synch issues as
    well. Therefore, its not the "same content on the same
    plastics bit by but, byte by byte."

    Next time do a little research before spewing off
    false information like this.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    TNAImpact.com Admin
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Oct 9, 2004
  6. Brian

    Bobcancel Guest

    << Hi...

    I've noticed a lot of Season Set DVD's on EBAY for X-Files and it seem like
    even selling as a complete set for all 9 season, I don't see high prices
    going for it. I've seen some at $100.00, no reserve and just hours to go.
    What's up with this? I didn't look closely but it could be one of those
    Asian versions or something.

    Is the resale value of these sets very low?

    Just wondering...
    >><BR><BR>

    Many are Chinese bootlegs. Especially the TV shows. Don't buy them.
    Bobcancel, Oct 11, 2004
  7. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Thanks..I was thinking of listing my complete, official editions of Season
    1-9 on EBAY..was wondering if $500.00 for it all was unrealistic.

    Brian, Oct 11, 2004
  8. Brian

    Jeffy3 Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote in message news:<081020041444307847%

    > It's whatever people are willing to pay. Usually on Ebay unless it's an
    > asian version I've found prices tend to end up around what internet
    > stores charge so there's little savings.

    Makes me laugh. Never ceases to amaze me when i see someone get so
    involved in the heat of the auction that they end up paying more than
    what they could've got the item for from other sources.
    Jeffy3, Oct 11, 2004
  9. > (Bobcancel) wrote:

    >I've noticed a lot of Season Set DVD's on EBAY for X-Files and it seem like
    >even selling as a complete set for all 9 season, I don't see high prices
    >going for it. I've seen some at $100.00, no reserve and just hours to go.
    >What's up with this? I didn't look closely but it could be one of those
    >Asian versions or something.

    Take a look at the shipping costs for these sets, which are often the
    real source of profit for the sellers. Still, I suppose that high
    shipping \low DVD cost also keeps down Customs charges.
    Maureen Goldman, Oct 11, 2004
  10. Brian

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Maureen
    Goldman <> wrote:

    > > (Bobcancel) wrote:

    > >I've noticed a lot of Season Set DVD's on EBAY for X-Files and it seem like
    > >even selling as a complete set for all 9 season, I don't see high prices
    > >going for it. I've seen some at $100.00, no reserve and just hours to go.
    > >What's up with this? I didn't look closely but it could be one of those
    > >Asian versions or something.

    > Take a look at the shipping costs for these sets, which are often the
    > real source of profit for the sellers. Still, I suppose that high
    > shipping \low DVD cost also keeps down Customs charges.

    High shipping costs are also to cut down on Ebay fees. I know some
    sellers who have a $.99 'buy now' price charge $10 for shipping. Works
    out for the buyer the same as if the costs were switched, but the
    seller makes more profit.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Oct 11, 2004
  11. Brian

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > Thanks..I was thinking of listing my complete, official editions of Season
    > 1-9 on EBAY..was wondering if $500.00 for it all was unrealistic.

    Now that the sticker price for new ones is 100 each, the online
    retailers are selling them for about 70ish. So I'd think that 500 is a
    bit much.

    dick
    -- but with ebay you never know
    Dick Sidbury, Oct 12, 2004
  12. Brian

    Matt Ackeret Guest

    In article <081020041444307847%>,
    Invid Fan <> wrote:
    >If you're refering to auctions such as:
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=63295860
    >45&rd=1
    >
    >then yes, these are cheap Asian versions. Seller's in China, the sets
    >have optional Chinese subtitles, shipping is $50. Heh, I like that is
    >states for audio that "original English spoken by the original
    >actors/actresses". That's always good to know :)

    So even with $50 "shipping" (geez, that's even more than the "shipping" for CD
    clubs, but careful buying can still make CDs way cheaper than in stores),
    that's still prettty cheap for the whole set.

    Are these legit or pirated? Why would they be Region 1 in China?

    I guess you're missing any extras that would show up on the US versions,
    but if they were legit (and Asian subtitles were removeable like they are
    in this example), I could see getting some for shows I wanted.
    Matt Ackeret, Oct 12, 2004