    Feri Guest

    What are the minimum requirements of hardware to be able run Windows XP
    Pro.?

    Feri, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Feri

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Feri

    Billh Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    news:vRlDd.307$...

    > "Feri" <> wrote in message
    > | What are the minimum requirements of hardware to be able run Windows XP
    > | Pro.?
    > |
    > Just ask Bill Gates:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314865

    Then double them!

    Billh, Jan 7, 2005
  4. Feri

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Billh" <> wrote in message

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Feri" <> wrote in message
    | > | What are the minimum requirements of hardware to be able run Windows
    XP
    | > | Pro.?
    | > |
    | > Just ask Bill Gates:
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314865
    | >

    | Then double them!

    I certainly can't argue with that! Personally, 500MHz with 512 RAM is not
    enough. I had to get the max. CPU for my laptop (old...I know) at 750MHz and
    I'm okay with it. Besides, I have the desktop for real work.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Feri

    Wanderer Guest

    I've got a mod running 500MHZ PIII at 256 RAM. Windows is blasting cold
    air. XP picks up fleas worse than ...

    That's me being nice. BTW.

    I prefer win 98 for resources. XP is a hog, designed to accommodate
    leeches and has since come out with software to block the leeches. I
    find it amusing.

    Wanderer, Jan 7, 2005
  6. Feri

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:52:11 -0800, "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:

    >"Billh" <> wrote in message
    >|
    >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > "Feri" <> wrote in message
    >XP
    >| > |
    >| > Just ask Bill Gates:
    >| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314865
    >| >

    >| Then double them!
    >|
    >I certainly can't argue with that! Personally, 500MHz with 512 RAM is not
    >enough. I had to get the max. CPU for my laptop (old...I know) at 750MHz and
    >I'm okay with it. Besides, I have the desktop for real work.

    I have XP pro running on my PII/300 notebook which has 128 megs ram.
    It doesn't seem super slow.

    -Barry
    ========
    "I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
    their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
    in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
    [A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]

    Barry OGrady, Jan 7, 2005
  7. Feri

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote:

    | >"Billh" <> wrote in message
    | >|
    | >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    Windows
    | >XP
    | >| > |

    | >|
    | >| Then double them!
    | >|
    | >I certainly can't argue with that! Personally, 500MHz with 512 RAM is not
    | >enough. I had to get the max. CPU for my laptop (old...I know) at 750MHz
    and
    | >I'm okay with it. Besides, I have the desktop for real work.
    |
    | I have XP pro running on my PII/300 notebook which has 128 megs ram.
    | It doesn't seem super slow.

    Well, honestly, a lot of that would have to do with 1) how many apps are
    installed and 2) how clean the system is (spyware, adware, other malware,
    etc.). I know XP worked okay on my 500MHz after it booted, but it did take
    too long to start up. So while XP certainly will run okay on MS's 'minimum'
    requirements, I'd prefer about twice that or more.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 7, 2005