    is released this fall.
    Can someone tell me if I will have to upgrade to XP Professional in order to
    install the trial software.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FydGVy?=, Feb 16, 2006

  2. That article was referring only to the TAP free exchange, which expired in
    July, 2005. You can buy a copy of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition today
    from an OEM / System Builder (including online) and install it. It will not
    be an "upgrade", but a fresh install. (All installs of x64 Edition are fresh
    installs, not upgrades, unless moving from Trial to full.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Heard that you can buy an OEM copy with a Hard Drive. Anyone know if this is
    true?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=, Feb 21, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FydGVy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Yes at most of the places Andre recommends. NewEgg for sure (they include a
    splitter, though to comply), Directron just requires you either select their
    inexpensive ways or buy your own hardware, and a hard drive would be ok

    John Barnes, Feb 21, 2006