    MCSA or is it enough to just have a PC?
    Is there a way to simulate a network without actually having one?
    What do I need in order to prepare well for the test?
    Gavriel, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Gavriel

    Vander Guest

    You must use a vmware ou virtual PC to emulate a server.

    Vander, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Gavriel

    dada Guest

    Yeah, you should defo use Microsoft Virtual PC, you can get a 45 Day Free
    Trial off the MS website.

    Also, when you buy the MicrosoftPress Books for MCSA/MCSE you will receive a
    full copy of the Windows Server 2003 Operating System on CD. You can load
    this onto your virtual machine and maybe even load another virtual machine
    with WinXP if you have enough ram on your physical machine. This way you can
    keep your own OS on your physical machine and just have Server on the VM,
    almost like a test lab.

    This is fine for the first couple of exams. But after that you should really
    consider investing in a second machine, to set up your own network and get a
    buzz out of it. Having said that Virtual PC will network your machines
    together as if they were real physical separate machines. Amazingly powerful!

    Can anyone tell me what the buzz is with Virtual Server - How is it
    different to Virtual PC?? Will it only work on Server platform??
    --
    Dee ;o)

    dada, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Gavriel