Requesting Help Buying Card Reader and Lithium Ion Battery on Line - Problem with Online Vendor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi, I called up an online vendor and ordered a spare battery, Digital
    Concepts BP-Li128B lithium ion battery,
    and Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader for my Olympus C-7000 Z
    camera. I was charged $13.99 for the battery and $25.99 for the card
    reader and $8.98 s/h via USPS ground. The vendor told me the Sakar
    Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader was the ONLY reader that will read my
    high speed one GB Olympus xD card. I ordered the card reader because the
    vendor told me it's the only one that'll read the 1GB card. After placing
    the order I did a Google search and discovered the card has a MSRP 0f $20.00
    and was available on line for $8.00 to $16.99. I called the vendor telling
    him to cancell my order. He told me he'd drop the price of the reader by
    severa.l dollars and issue a credit for the difference.

    Is it true Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader is the only reader
    that will read my high speed one GB Olympus xD card.? I find this hard to
    believe.

    Which online digital photography accessory dealers do you recommend?

    Mike

    Mike, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Mike

    ace Guest

    ace, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Mike

    ace Guest

    www.bhphotovideo.com, that is where I bought my digital camera. I
    bought my digital camera from them. I bought memory card reader from
    circuit city.

    ace, Mar 2, 2006
  4. On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:02:54 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Mike"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, I called up an online vendor and ordered a spare battery, Digital
    >Concepts BP-Li128B lithium ion battery,
    >and Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader for my Olympus C-7000 Z
    >camera. I was charged $13.99 for the battery and $25.99 for the card
    >reader and $8.98 s/h via USPS ground. The vendor told me the Sakar
    >Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader was the ONLY reader that will read my
    >high speed one GB Olympus xD card. I ordered the card reader because the
    >vendor told me it's the only one that'll read the 1GB card. After placing
    >the order I did a Google search and discovered the card has a MSRP 0f $20.00
    >and was available on line for $8.00 to $16.99. I called the vendor telling
    >him to cancell my order. He told me he'd drop the price of the reader by
    >severa.l dollars and issue a credit for the difference.
    >
    >Is it true Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader is the only reader
    >that will read my high speed one GB Olympus xD card.? I find this hard to
    >believe.

    NO. Any USB 2.0 reader will work just fine

    >Which online digital photography accessory dealers do you recommend?

    You don't say what vendor. Always check a vendor's ratings at
    http://www.resellerraings.com prior to purchasing from unknowns.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Mar 2, 2006
  5. Mike

    Guest

    As you may have already sensed from the replies previous to mine, there
    are many (maybe zillions??) of card readers that will handle your xD
    card.

    , Mar 2, 2006
  6. Mike

    Mike Guest

    That's what I suspected.

    Mike, Mar 3, 2006
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    This afternoon I stopped by a local very good quality photo shop and asked
    them if they had ever heard of the one gb high speed xD card requiring a
    special card reader and they replied "no" while looking at me like I came in
    from another planet.

    Mike

    Mike, Mar 5, 2006
  8. Mike