    information, please include that with your reply.

    Please do not reply to this message unless you intend to contribute
    constructively. Thanks so much!
    George Preddy, Nov 10, 2003

  2. George Preddy

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    news:boojrf$s40$...
    > If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an

    unprocessed
    > and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion

    on
    > the web site linked below?

    No, go away George.

    --
    "The Iraqi people are grateful to America and are
    optimistic about their future -- which means they have
    Bob Hatch, Nov 10, 2003

  3. George Preddy

    > > No, go away George.

    > Please do not respond unless you intend to contribute constructively.
    >
    > I already know there are many who would rather not publically share out of
    > camera quality with others. This thread is not for them, it is for people
    > who are willing to help others make informed choices by providing simple
    > honest information, be it good or bad.

    It's usenet George and I'll post any damn time I want to. Don't like it,
    tough s**t.

    Go away George.
    Bob Hatch, Nov 10, 2003

    George Preddy, Nov 10, 2003
  5. George Preddy

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    > If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an
    > unprocessed
    > and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion
    > on
    > the web site linked below?

    Would love to, except the file is 12.4mb.

    Harry

    --

    Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

    mailto:
    Harry Da Hat, Nov 10, 2003
  6. "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote in message

    > On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:
    >
    > > If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an
    > > unprocessed
    > > and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW file for inclusion
    > > on
    > > the web site linked below?

    > Would love to, except the file is 12.4mb.

    No problem, pbase.com will post it free. 30 sec setup time, just type in an
    email and a password and you're done. It'll let you go over the 10MB free
    limit if its only one image. Please link me to it after you post it.
    George Preddy, Nov 11, 2003
  7. George Preddy

    Guest Guest

    I don't get it George.

    Why are you saying "out of camera unprocessed" when there is absolutely no
    such thing for a SD9? You couldn't be attempting to rig the test again could
    you?

    Guest, Nov 11, 2003
  8. George Preddy

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    > No problem, pbase.com will post it free. 30 sec setup time, just type in
    > an
    > email and a password and you're done. It'll let you go over the 10MB free
    > limit if its only one image. Please link me to it after you post it.

    Well, investigating my ISP's storage space for the first time, roadrunner
    only gives the user 5mb worth of storage space, so there goes my linking
    idea, unless you would like me to crop a portion of the image, but that
    doesn't qualify as 'out of the camera' then, does it George?

    Harry

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 11, 2003
  9. George Preddy

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    > No problem, pbase.com will post it free. 30 sec setup time, just type in
    > an
    > email and a password and you're done. It'll let you go over the 10MB free
    > limit if its only one image. Please link me to it after you post it.

    Well, George, I cropped the image down to 2.5mb and the exif data is gone to
    show that it was untouched by human hands after coming from the camera, thus
    rendering the image useless in the competition, if you want to call it that.
    I DO NOT. I call it a waste of time. I was willing to post the original
    12.5mb image to show what an image coming directly from the
    Fuji 4900z camera looks like uncompressed, supposedly with a minimum of
    in-camera processing, according to the exif data.

    Harry

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 11, 2003
  10. George Preddy

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:48:42 +0900, "George Preddy"
    <> wrote:

    >Please do not reply to this message unless you intend to contribute
    >constructively.

    This from our favorite evangelist who CONSISTENTLY refuses to respond
    directly to people's comments, in spite of numerous challenges to do
    so.

    So--George: If you cant have the courtesy to reply directly to the
    literally HUNDREDS of posts explaining flaws in your positions, then I
    think many of us would rather have you go do something else.
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
    Mark Herring, Nov 11, 2003
  11. George Preddy

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    > Please do not respond unless you intend to contribute constructively

    George, why didn't you respond to my reply to you about filesize and
    cropping?????

    Harry

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 11, 2003
  12. It's like pulling teeth (was: Requesting digtial camera images)

    > On 10-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:
    >
    > > No problem, pbase.com will post it free. 30 sec setup time, just type

    in
    > > an
    > > email and a password and you're done. It'll let you go over the 10MB

    free
    > > limit if its only one image. Please link me to it after you post it.

    > Well, George, I cropped the image down to 2.5mb and the exif data is gone

    Once again, pbase.com will take the full image no problem. It takes 30
    secs. There is no such thing as a TIF with EXIF, the full size unprocessed
    JPEG you are referring to should be but a few MBs.

    If you aren't willing to post an full size out of camera image, that's fine,
    join the huge club of non-SD-9 users who do nothing but talk. This
    shouldn't be so hard, if the 10D and other DSLRs are great machines, we
    should have someone, somewhere, willing to show what one can do. Instead we
    have 99% pissed off users who are outraged that someone would have the nerve
    to request a full size unaltered image, and 1% heavily oversharpened
    interpolatively downsized images trying to pass as originals.
    George Preddy, Nov 11, 2003
  13. George Preddy

    Guest Guest

    Re: It's like pulling teeth (was: Requesting digtial camera images)

    Listen you stupid man, there is no such thing as an unprocessed out of
    camera image from your stupid Sigma camera!
    Guest, Nov 11, 2003
  14. Re: It's like pulling teeth (was: Requesting digtial camera images)

    "<Enter Your Full Name>" <> wrote in message
    > Listen you stupid man, there is no such thing as an unprocessed out of
    > camera image from your stupid Sigma camera!

    Sure there is. Starting in RAW mode makes no difference, all CCD/CMOS
    images start that way.
    George Preddy, Nov 11, 2003
  15. Re: It's like pulling teeth (was: Requesting digtial cameraimages)

    On 11/11/03 11:24 AM, in article
    0Y8sb.6679$, "<Enter Your Full Name>"
    <> wrote:

    > Listen you stupid man, there is no such thing as an unprocessed out of
    > camera image from your stupid Sigma camera!

    Mr. Enter,
    My word!
    You certainly have great anger issues for a pacifist.
    Are you coming out of the closet?

    cultural neanderthal, Nov 11, 2003
  16. George Preddy

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    Re: It's like pulling teeth (was: Requesting digtial camera images)

    George I want you to know. That being the case with pbase I will upload
    the image to pacify you, the pacifist.
    Harry Da Hat, Nov 12, 2003
  17. George Preddy

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 12-Nov-2003, "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote:

    > George I want you to know. That being the case with pbase I will
    > upload
    > the image to pacify you, the pacifist

    George,

    This is pending a pending deposit I just made into my bank.....which should
    clear within 3 days. I have been a member of Pbase since 2002. I will
    upload the photo then. I do promise you. You may then examine the TIFF to
    your hearts content. I intend to take the 100mb option.

    Harry

    PS I got down to brass tacks with the personal details, because I don't
    enjoy being called a liar. You are the one that should be looking in the
    mirror and should be taping yourself or speaking into a mike into the
    computer and coming up with a template you can upload for all of these
    newsgroup posts.

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 12, 2003
  18. George Preddy

    JB Guest

    Re: It's like pulling teeth (was: Requesting digtial camera images)

    "George Preddy" wrote

    "we should have someone, somewhere, willing to show what one can do."

    Look George, you go play with your camera and let everyone else play
    with theirs.

    WE KNOW WHAT KIND OF CAMERA YOU HAVE AND WHAT YOU AND EVRYONE ELSE
    THINKS ABOUT IT, GOOD OR BAD.

    Let's see some of your photos for a change. Not the ones you would
    take as if you worked at Underwriters Laboratory or Consumer Reports.

    Rather, ones with interesting subject matter, composition, color
    juxtaposition, far away places, political statements, people at work,
    people at play, rich people, poor people, dogs, cats, planes, boats,
    snow, surf.....

    SOMETHING BESIDES A YARD STICK AND A LINCOLN HEAD PENNY!

    I'm sure you are a nice guy George, but give it a rest.

    Best regards to you George.
    JB, Nov 13, 2003
  19. George Preddy

    Taps Guest

    > If you have a digital camera, would you be so kind as to link an
    > unprocessed and unedited, straight out-of camera JPEG, TIF or RAW
    > file for inclusion on the web site linked below? All makes and
    > models of digital cameras are welcome and highly encouraged to
    > particilpate. The details, and several images are already on this
    > website... http://www.pbase.com/pennychallenge/crops
    >
    > If interchangable, any lens is fine (several images using different
    > lenses is even better) as long as the required FOV is clearly
    > depicted. Please leave original exif intact and if it doesn't detail
    > enough info, or the lens information, please include that with your
    > reply.
    >
    > Please do not reply to this message unless you intend to contribute
    > constructively. Thanks so much!

    Where would you like the image uploaded? To my personal gallery on PBase?
    Or would you prefer to have it sent to you, so you could add it to yours? I
    just sent a quick shot up to http://www.pbase.com/taps/pennychallenge

    --

    Taps

    http://Taps.Iniquity.Org
    - "What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the
    fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful
    than the garment with which it is clothed?" -- Michaelangelo
    - "I thought about trying nude photography. I just don't know where I
    would hold my lens cap???" -- Taps

    Jung gur shpx ner lbh ybbxvat urer sbe? Qnza!
    Lbh guvax V jnf uvqvat fbzrguvat sebz lbh?
    Abj trg ba onpx orsber V fznpx lbh va gur urnq jvgu zl cravf!
    Taps, Nov 15, 2003
  20. Thanks,

    One of the best so far. I'll add it.

    George Preddy, Nov 15, 2003