    Any insight is much appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Matoos

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0b29z?=, Jul 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0b29z?=

    NNBXX Guest

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, *not* all Prescotts support EM64T. It depends on what model
    you have.

    Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, Jul 19, 2005

  3. This article describes how to determine the processor type of a computer
    that is running any one of the Windows x64 operating systems.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888731
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 19, 2005
  4. Jean-Baptiste is right. Not all Prescott CPUs are EM64T. But if you're _sure_
    your particular one is, then it could be a BIOS issue, or possible an older
    chipset that doesn't allow the 64-bit extensions to be recognized.

    Just one thing I very much prefer about AMD -- you know right from the name
    whether the CPU is x64 compatible.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Make sure the mobo supports EM64T and that you have upgraded the BIOS. In
    general, Pentiums require a mobo replacement if the unit is more than just a
    few months old. First stop is the mobo manufacturer for a compatibility
    check.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 19, 2005
  6. The technical article about checking the registry value for
    PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE only displays the same x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping
    4 that I found in the system information tool.

    Do any of you know of an online table listing processors by Family, Model,
    and Stepping value?

    I'm looking into the Mother Board and BIOS as we speak.

    Thanks for all of your replies, you brought me one step closer to the answer.

    Matoos

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0b29z?=, Jul 19, 2005
  7. Intel PID Tool [RE: Request for Tips: Intalling Windows x64 ...]

    Thanks all for you feedback. While determining my system specs, I encountered
    a tool on the Intel site which uses the CPUID instruction to quickly show you
    what your CPU hardware is and what instruction sets it supports. What a
    convenient tool. It can be found here:
    http://support.intel.com/support/processors/tools/piu/

    Unfortunately, my P4 Prescott does not support EM64T.

    Cheers!

    Matoos

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0b29z?=, Jul 19, 2005