    Hello, I currently prepare examination 20-270 on Windows
    XP pro. I would like to know which are the books that one
    generally uses. Thank you very much.
    Antoine, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Antoine

    Marko Guest

    Firstly to Antoine: I am not singling you out, so don't
    take personal offense. I am merely using your post as a
    good example of how not to direct a question here, thinly
    disguised as the result of some effort on your part to
    find the answer yourself.

    Secondly: To everyone reading this post. Antoine has
    demonstrated (I suspect unintentionally) how to write the
    type of post if you *generally* want to be ignored or
    flamed.

    Reason: One of the common undertones of this group is Why
    should anybody help someone who demonstrates that they are
    unable to help themselves?

    Antoine: You say that you are preparing for 70-270 but
    give no clue as to what that preparation may be. What
    books do you have? Do you intend to do any courses? Are
    you working? What experience do you have? What research
    have you done on finding a book? Has anybody recommended
    a book to you? Have you looked through any books at all?

    In other words, What obstacle have you encountered to
    being able to research and answer your own question?

    I'm not saying that anybody needs to give a detailed
    response, but I am guessing that (in this example) we
    could have been given one sentence like "I have some
    experience with XP Pro on my home computer and have not
    looked in any book stores and have not purchased or looked
    at any books on XP yet."

    That's all. It's not hard. It helps us to help you.

    Now to answer your question as best as I can with the info
    you have given. Try typing "70-270 book review" in your
    favourite search engine (www.google.com???) or even using
    it in the search engine at an online book retailer, such
    as Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Read enough reviews and you
    will likely form a valid opinion on which book may be
    right for you.

    Spend some time going through the answers and try to make
    your own mind up on what may suit you.

    All the best to you. Seriously.
    Marko, Aug 28, 2003

  3. Antoine

    Simon Geary Guest

    "Marko" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    I like slagging off useless posters as much as the next man but bear in mind
    that not everyone in the world has a confident grasp of English and
    eloquent descriptions of their situation may be beyond their ability, hence
    the pidgin English.

    Having said that, pardeep, dirpan, rajiv et al from India still deserve to
    be flamed for "kindest sir, i am wish to study mcse plz help"
    Simon Geary, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Antoine

    KLXrider Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:23:55 -0700, "Chris" <>
    wrote:

    >10 bucks an hour instead of 6?

    That is Florida, not India.

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18
    KLXrider, Aug 28, 2003
  5. "KLXrider" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:23:55 -0700, "Chris" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >10 bucks an hour instead of 6?

    > That is Florida, not India.

    And people wonder why we can't fill out an election ballot correctly.

    --
    Fris "Kindly vote the needful" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 28, 2003
  6. In my opinion, that was unnecessary. You said in your post "Has anybody
    recommended a book to you?" What do you think he was trying to get?
    Recommendations? I hate stupid posts too but Antoine's was perfectly valid.
    He was asking a lot of guys that have possibly studied for and taken this
    exam which book they've had good successes with. What better place to ask?
    Not trying to get flamed here, I just think that post was a little
    unnecessary.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 28, 2003
  7. "Clint Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    > In my opinion, that was unnecessary. You said in your post "Has anybody
    > recommended a book to you?" What do you think he was trying to get?
    > Recommendations? I hate stupid posts too but Antoine's was perfectly

    valid.
    > He was asking a lot of guys that have possibly studied for and taken this
    > exam which book they've had good successes with. What better place to

    ask?
    > Not trying to get flamed here, I just think that post was a little
    > unnecessary.
    >
    > Clint

    IAWTP

    --
    Fris "Agreeable" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 28, 2003
  8. Antoine

    Lady Guest

    The only books I use are the MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum) and either
    the Administrator's Kit for that OS, or MS Press.

    Then, I followup with practice questions from www.selftestsoftware.com

    Hope this helps.

    Lady, Aug 28, 2003
  9. Antoine

    Chris Guest

    Even worse they steal our jobs on our own soil. Besides
    it was a joke fer Christ sake.

    <>

    Chris, Aug 28, 2003
  10. Antoine

    KLXrider Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:55:54 -0700, "Chris" <>
    wrote:

    >Besides
    >it was a joke fer Christ sake.

    Chill, hang out for a while and you would begin to understand that you
    would have been smacked around a little if we didn't know it was a
    joke.

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18
    KLXrider, Aug 28, 2003
  11. Antoine

    Consultant Guest

    it's not a joke.
    they all have degrees. but what most don't know, meaning the businesses
    sending the work over there, is that the places they get their degrees from
    are not even accredited. it's all one big scam and they are laughing all the
    way to the bank, while the good citizens and workers of america, who buy the
    products from the companies shipping the work over, suffer job losses and a
    weakened economy. it makes me sick

    Consultant, Aug 28, 2003
  12. Antoine

    KLXrider Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:35:00 -0500, "Lady" <> wrote:

    >The only books I use are the MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum) and either
    >the Administrator's Kit for that OS, or MS Press.

    I bet you also work to keep your heart rate below 55 for fun. Those
    books will bore you to sleep. Sybex will at least keep you slightly
    interested.

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18
    KLXrider, Aug 28, 2003
  13. Antoine

    billyw Guest

    but do nothing about it.. do you stop banking with a bank that is a
    particularly bad offender.. bet you dont.
    personally i do.
    fidelity investments being one. removed any money i had with them because of
    outsourcing.

    billyw, Aug 28, 2003
  14. 1. Open Windows XP Professional.

    2. Click Start - Help.

    3. Study everything listed in the "Skills Measured" table found here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-270.asp

    It's all there. I didn't use any books.

    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Aug 28, 2003
  15. Antoine

    Jtyc Guest

    > fidelity investments being one. removed any money i had with them because
    of
    > outsourcing.

    I made a point to stop doing anything with BofA. F'n scumbags is what they
    are.
    Jtyc, Aug 28, 2003
  16. Antoine

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Wow, Florida is paying 10.00 an hour!!! Pack the truck honey, we is moving
    today :)

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Aug 28, 2003
  17. Antoine

    billyw Guest

    wouldn't bank there, prefer women with dark hair

    > i belong to a local credit union that employees only blonde women, i am

    very

    billyw, Aug 28, 2003
  18. Antoine

    Maestro Guest

    Thanks?

    Maestro, Aug 28, 2003
  19. Antoine

    Maestro Guest

    While I agree with you in principle, I don't see what is
    expected to be gained by bashing all people from India.
    They're doing what they need to do to make a living. If
    the roles were reversed we would do the same thing I'm
    sure. The frustration(s) need to be taken out on the
    businesses that send the jobs over there. If so many of
    us weren't slaves to our *things* we could stop buying the
    products and force them to change their practices. They
    only understand economics!

    Maestro, Aug 28, 2003
  20. Antoine

    Kendal Emery Guest