    improve the results.
    Please have a look here for my gallery:
    http://www.pictureparking.com/gallery/138

    Hoshisato, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Hoshisato

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Hoshisato" <> wrote:

    > http://www.pictureparking.com/gallery/138

    Nice pictures. Parts of Japan are very photogenic but it often requires
    a bit of post-production to eliminate all those poles and things that
    tend to clutter scenic places.

    Most of Japan is downright ugly - the number of 'picturesque villages
    can be counted on the fingers of one hand and these are probably
    reconstructed for tourists.

    Steering clear of ugly conurbations like Tokyo and Osaka will help too.

    BTW Those persimmon will probably remain on the trees slowly rotting
    unless they are part of an orchard.

    The best time to visit Japan is during October or November for the
    autumn colours - the sakura (cherry blossom) in spring is beautiful but
    you'll find zillions of other people doing the same thing.

    Stewy, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Hoshisato

    Hoshisato Guest

    Stewy wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "Hoshisato" <> wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.pictureparking.com/gallery/138

    > Nice pictures. Parts of Japan are very photogenic but it often requires
    > a bit of post-production to eliminate all those poles and things that
    > tend to clutter scenic places.
    >
    > Most of Japan is downright ugly - the number of 'picturesque villages
    > can be counted on the fingers of one hand and these are probably
    > reconstructed for tourists.
    >
    > Steering clear of ugly conurbations like Tokyo and Osaka will help too.
    >
    > BTW Those persimmon will probably remain on the trees slowly rotting
    > unless they are part of an orchard.
    >
    > The best time to visit Japan is during October or November for the
    > autumn colours - the sakura (cherry blossom) in spring is beautiful but
    > you'll find zillions of other people doing the same thing.

    Thanks for your feedback. Indeed it can be a problem finding areas in
    Japan that have no cables or concrete honeycombed areas. I was at the
    Sea of Japan side this time and it is a little bit easier there.

    As for post processing, this picture has a car in the background and I
    would love to remove it.
    http://www.pictureparking.com/show_picture.php?pid=42974
    I have Photoshop Elements 3, any help is welcome.

    Thanks

    http://www.pictureparking.com/show_picture.php?pid=42974

    Hoshisato, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Hoshisato

    Martin Brown Guest

    Hoshisato wrote:

    > Stewy wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> "Hoshisato" <> wrote:

    >>>http://www.pictureparking.com/gallery/138

    >>Nice pictures. Parts of Japan are very photogenic but it often requires
    >>a bit of post-production to eliminate all those poles and things that
    >>tend to clutter scenic places.
    >>
    >>Most of Japan is downright ugly - the number of 'picturesque villages
    >>can be counted on the fingers of one hand and these are probably
    >>reconstructed for tourists.

    That is a bit unkind. There are plenty of very scenic places in Japan.
    Although I would not recommend some parts of the Ibaraki "scenic rocky
    coast" (think old quarries with integral garbage dumps).

    >>Steering clear of ugly conurbations like Tokyo and Osaka will help too.

    Helps a lot. You can even find wilderness up in Aomori.

    >>BTW Those persimmon will probably remain on the trees slowly rotting
    >>unless they are part of an orchard.
    >>
    >>The best time to visit Japan is during October or November for the
    >>autumn colours - the sakura (cherry blossom) in spring is beautiful but
    >>you'll find zillions of other people doing the same thing.

    As you do for the Autumn colours too. It is often hard to get pictures
    of architecture without hoardes of people in the frame.

    Kyoto, Nara and Nikko are all famously very pretty.

    > Thanks for your feedback. Indeed it can be a problem finding areas in
    > Japan that have no cables or concrete honeycombed areas. I was at the
    > Sea of Japan side this time and it is a little bit easier there.
    >
    > As for post processing, this picture has a car in the background and I
    > would love to remove it.
    > http://www.pictureparking.com/show_picture.php?pid=42974
    > I have Photoshop Elements 3, any help is welcome.

    Any of the packages that allow you to select regions of a similar colour
    and a clone brush to add more hedge on top of the offending car. With a
    good steady hand you can do it with a combination of airbrush and clone.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Jan 3, 2006