    study for the Core Hardware?

    Thanks

    Reuben

    Reuben, May 13, 2005

  2. Reuben

    James C Guest

    If you haven't used the Mike Meyers books, I highly recommend them. I
    found his hardware coverage to be more extensive than the OS in his
    all-in-one book. It is very very good in that department.

    How did you find the OS exam to be like?

    James C, May 15, 2005

  3. Reuben

    Guest

    Reuben wrote:
    > I took both of the A+ exams. Passed the OS exam but not the Core

    Hardware.
    > Does anyone know of a good book or resource that I might use to

    strictly
    > study for the Core Hardware?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Reuben

    Hi,

    If you need some good practice questions, visit
    http://www.ucertify.com. I found their practice questions really
    helpful.

    , May 18, 2005
  4. Reuben

    eDog Guest

    Reuben wrote:
    > I took both of the A+ exams. Passed the OS exam but not the Core Hardware.
    > Does anyone know of a good book or resource that I might use to strictly
    > study for the Core Hardware?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Reuben

    I am using a book by Jean Andrews called the "80/20 Guide to Acing the
    A+ Exams". It promises to deliver the essential 80% in 20% of the time.

    Although the book is short but manages to pack in details that you
    simply don't find in other books. Also, the tables actually have all the
    information in one place that you really wish was there.

    The book has a link to an exam simulator (Certblaster) which you can
    download for free. It's pretty decent. Although it threatens to expire
    after 10 days, mine just kept on working past the deadline.

    One other book just for hardware details that you may want as a
    reference is the O'Reilly PC Hardware in a Nutshell.

    It's not a study guide but if you need the last word on a hardware
    question it's pretty accurate.

    eDog, May 19, 2005