    Thanks
    Regards
    Mark
    Clubsprint, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Clubsprint

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Clubsprint" <> wrote in message
    news:dt798c$hel$...
    > G'day all
    > Can someo0ne point me towards some good software that will supply
    > information
    > on most video files. I've used Gspot but it only appears to recognise AVI
    > files.
    > Wanting frame rate type info etc. Preferrably freeware.
    > Thanks
    > Regards
    > Mark

    GSpot provides a good deal of information on MPEG.
    Just what format are you trying to examine or what are the
    extensions of the files you need to establish the format of.

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Feb 18, 2006

  3. A better one to try is called "Avi Codec"

    And can be downloaded here http://avicodec.duby.info/

    Gregory Kleverlaan, Feb 18, 2006
  4. Clubsprint

    Clubsprint Guest

    "Ken Maltby" <> wrote in message

    > GSpot provides a good deal of information on MPEG.
    > Just what format are you trying to examine or what are the
    > extensions of the files you need to establish the format of.
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken

    Hi Ken
    It's a mpg file but Gspot really doesn't tell me anything about the file.
    I've been trying to turn it into a dvd with quite a few different packages
    and
    I'm having all sorts of audio sync problems.
    Regards
    Mark
    Clubsprint, Feb 19, 2006
  5. Clubsprint

    Clubsprint Guest

    "Gregory Kleverlaan" <> wrote in message
    >A better one to try is called "Avi Codec"
    >
    > And can be downloaded here http://avicodec.duby.info/

    Cheers
    Mark
    Clubsprint, Feb 19, 2006
  6. Clubsprint

    Highlandish Guest

    Quoth The Raven; Gregory Kleverlaan <> in
    <43f79d76$0$17079$>
    >A better one to try is called "Avi Codec"
    >
    > And can be downloaded here http://avicodec.duby.info/

    that keeps crashing every time i attempt to look at a video

    --
    Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

    Whoever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
    I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
    -Jan King
    Highlandish, Feb 19, 2006
  7. Clubsprint

    > "Ken Maltby" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> GSpot provides a good deal of information on MPEG.
    >> Just what format are you trying to examine or what are the
    >> extensions of the files you need to establish the format of.
    >>
    >> Luck;
    >> Ken
    >>

    > Hi Ken
    > It's a mpg file but Gspot really doesn't tell me anything about the file.
    > I've been trying to turn it into a dvd with quite a few different packages
    > and
    > I'm having all sorts of audio sync problems.
    > Regards
    > Mark

    You can get more info using the "Show Video Program Info"
    selection under the "Tools" tab of VideoReDo. It can also
    correct MPEG that is "out of sync". It's a frame accurate editor,
    also.

    www.VideoReDo.com for a free trial download.

    Luck;
    Ken