    Jamie H

    Happiness: An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery
    of another.

    j, Apr 20, 2005

  2. j

    Ron Martell Guest

    "j" <> wrote:

    >Is there an easy way of pricing up how much it costs to print off digital
    >photographs on an inkjet printer?
    >
    >many thanks

    Tom's Hardware Guide (www.tomshardware.com) did a comparison some
    months ago, but I can't find the article again.

    As I recall the cost per photo (4 x 6) ranged from about 15 cents
    (Canon) to over 30 cents (Lexmark and some HP models). That was for
    ink only, paper not included.

    It was obvious, to me anyway, from this article that it was much
    cheaper to take the digital camera chip to a WalMart, Costco, or a
    camera store and have the pictures printed there. Printing at home
    does provide speed and convenience, but at a pretty high price
    especially if you are printing a number of photos and/or in sizes
    larger than 4 x 6.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, Apr 20, 2005

  3. j

    James Mourby Guest

    Re: Slightly OT - Inkjet Printing Pricing

    "j" <> wrote in message
    > Is there an easy way of pricing up how much it costs to print off digital
    > photographs on an inkjet printer?
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > --
    > Jamie H

    I'm going to say no.
    If not for the sheer fact that ink costs different prices from different
    places (same with paper and materials etc) - each picture is unique. Some
    might have huge areas of white where nothing is printed, likewise you might
    have 20 pictures all shot at night with a poor flash, in this case the
    picture takes a lot more ink which would need to be replaced more quickly.

    James Mourby, Apr 20, 2005
  4. j

    j Guest

    Ron,