    keyboard mapping back to where it was? Would I have to reinstall the os?
    WinXP with service pack 2.
    Thank you in advance for any help.

    Scrubs, May 23, 2007

  2. Scrubs

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:54:03 -0500, Scrubs <> wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >Recently I let my little one play on my pc (she likes to pretend she's
    >typing : ) and now the keyboard mapping is a bit screwed up. some keys
    >suspend the pc, some bring up control panel, and a few shut the pc down. I
    >tried a system restore but the "re-mapped" keys remain. How can I get the
    >keyboard mapping back to where it was? Would I have to reinstall the os?
    >WinXP with service pack 2.
    >Thank you in advance for any help.

    Laptop?

    Desktop?

    What keys do what?

    Evan Platt, May 23, 2007

  3. Scrubs

    Ben Myers Guest

    Re: please help with keyboard keys.

    Sounds like a stuck Windows key. Try tapping it several times.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 23, 2007
  4. Scrubs

    Scrubs Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:54:03 -0500, Scrubs <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello all,
    >>Recently I let my little one play on my pc (she likes to pretend she's
    >>typing : ) and now the keyboard mapping is a bit screwed up. some keys
    >>suspend the pc, some bring up control panel, and a few shut the pc
    >>down. I tried a system restore but the "re-mapped" keys remain. How
    >>can I get the keyboard mapping back to where it was? Would I have to
    >>reinstall the os? WinXP with service pack 2.
    >>Thank you in advance for any help.

    > Laptop?
    >
    > Desktop?
    >
    > What keys do what?

    Oops Sorry for the lack of information. Desktop. The Up arrow key shuts
    the pc down( dont remember the other key that does the same). The right
    arrow key closes all open programs. The left Ctrl key opens up outlook
    express. The left Alt key opens Start->Programs. The Backspace key puts
    the pc into suspend mode. There a few others, but you get the idea by
    now. I think I will try to reinstall XP, hopefully that will remap the
    keys to where they belong.

    Scrubs, May 23, 2007
  5. Scrubs

    Scrubs Guest

    > Thank you in advance for any help.

    Problem Solved! all it took was a quick trip to a local walmart and I
    bought another keyboard.Everything is working fine. 1st time I've ever
    heard of a keyboard going bad. Thanks for the intentions of helping,as they
    say,its the thought that counts.

    Scrubs, May 23, 2007