    How can i delete headers permanently so they never show up again.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Arawak

    Arawak, May 25, 2006

  2. Arawak

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Arawak
    <> wrote:

    > When I download headers from a group, I clean it up by 1st deleting
    > all the stuff I'm not interested in. If the group has a large number
    > of headers, I will some times search the group by typing in the name
    > of the files and clicking on "Find". After I have downloaded the file
    > and click on "Clear" to get rid of the search criteria, all the stuff
    > I previously deleted, re-appear, although they show up as "read".
    > How can i delete headers permanently so they never show up again.
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > Arawak

    You are marking MESSAGES, not headers.
    The method that shold work in all newsreader is to close the group.

    Next time you open the group, messages previously read should not show.

    Mitch, May 25, 2006

  3. Re: HELP needed with NewsBin Pro and deleting headers permanently

    "Arawak" <> wrote in message
    > When I download headers from a group, I clean it up by 1st deleting
    > all the stuff I'm not interested in. If the group has a large number
    > of headers, I will some times search the group by typing in the name
    > of the files and clicking on "Find". After I have downloaded the file
    > and click on "Clear" to get rid of the search criteria, all the stuff
    > I previously deleted, re-appear, although they show up as "read".
    > How can i delete headers permanently so they never show up again.
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > Arawak

    Do you have the "ignore filters" box ticked? If so, untick it.

    mentalguy2004, May 25, 2006