    like a nice and economical piece of kit for 1 PSTN line + 6 SIP accounts
    with access by DECT handsets. Does anyone know of something similar but able
    to support more than one PSTN?
    Anthony R. Gold, Nov 14, 2011

  2. In article <>,
    Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:
    >I came upon the Gigaset N300A in the Sipgate equipment catalogue which seems
    >like a nice and economical piece of kit for 1 PSTN line + 6 SIP accounts
    >with access by DECT handsets. Does anyone know of something similar but able
    >to support more than one PSTN?

    I think they're called PBXs ;-)

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 14, 2011

  3. On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:
    >> I came upon the Gigaset N300A in the Sipgate equipment catalogue which seems
    >> like a nice and economical piece of kit for 1 PSTN line + 6 SIP accounts
    >> with access by DECT handsets. Does anyone know of something similar but able
    >> to support more than one PSTN?

    > I think they're called PBXs ;-)

    Can you recommend any with SIP and DECT handset support?
    Anthony R. Gold, Nov 14, 2011
  4. In article <>,
    Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:
    >>> I came upon the Gigaset N300A in the Sipgate equipment catalogue which seems
    >>> like a nice and economical piece of kit for 1 PSTN line + 6 SIP accounts
    >>> with access by DECT handsets. Does anyone know of something similar but able
    >>> to support more than one PSTN?

    >> I think they're called PBXs ;-)

    >Can you recommend any with SIP and DECT handset support?

    Sadly no. I build my own using Linux & Asterisk - which I then use with
    the Gigaset units for SIP DECT use and on-board cards to talk to BT lines.
    (The only time I use the analogue ports in the Gigaset bases is to support
    'home workers' who want one phone on their desk to answer home calls
    and also have a SIP account to their office)

    However things like this:

    http://www.voipon.co.uk/atcom-ip04-p-964.html

    are at the budget end of the scale - that'll handle up to 4 analogue
    lines and a number of SIP extensions (which could be DECT or desk
    phones) That's an embedded Linux+Asterisk appliance.

    Just beaware of the max. concurrent call limit with the Gigaset units. I
    think the N300's are now 3 concurrent calls. The older ones were only 2.
    Often not an issue though.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 14, 2011
  5. On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:46:14 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> I think they're called PBXs ;-)

    >> Can you recommend any with SIP and DECT handset support?

    > Sadly no. I build my own using Linux & Asterisk - which I then use with
    > the Gigaset units for SIP DECT use and on-board cards to talk to BT lines.
    > (The only time I use the analogue ports in the Gigaset bases is to support
    > 'home workers' who want one phone on their desk to answer home calls
    > and also have a SIP account to their office)
    >
    > However things like this:
    >
    > http://www.voipon.co.uk/atcom-ip04-p-964.html
    >
    > are at the budget end of the scale - that'll handle up to 4 analogue
    > lines and a number of SIP extensions (which could be DECT or desk
    > phones) That's an embedded Linux+Asterisk appliance.
    >
    > Just beaware of the max. concurrent call limit with the Gigaset units. I
    > think the N300's are now 3 concurrent calls. The older ones were only 2.
    > Often not an issue though.

    Thanks, but "understanding of both Linux and Asterisk command line is
    required for successful configuration" puts it out of consideration.

    Is anything better domesticated available above the budget end of the scale?

    Even 3 concurrent calls would exceed the usual population of the property.
    Anthony R. Gold, Nov 14, 2011
  6. In article <>,
    Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:46:14 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:

    >which seems

    >but able

    >>> Can you recommend any with SIP and DECT handset support?

    >> Sadly no. I build my own using Linux & Asterisk - which I then use with
    >> the Gigaset units for SIP DECT use and on-board cards to talk to BT lines.
    >> (The only time I use the analogue ports in the Gigaset bases is to support
    >> 'home workers' who want one phone on their desk to answer home calls
    >> and also have a SIP account to their office)
    >>
    >> However things like this:
    >>
    >> http://www.voipon.co.uk/atcom-ip04-p-964.html
    >>
    >> are at the budget end of the scale - that'll handle up to 4 analogue
    >> lines and a number of SIP extensions (which could be DECT or desk
    >> phones) That's an embedded Linux+Asterisk appliance.
    >>
    >> Just beaware of the max. concurrent call limit with the Gigaset units. I
    >> think the N300's are now 3 concurrent calls. The older ones were only 2.
    >> Often not an issue though.

    >Thanks, but "understanding of both Linux and Asterisk command line is
    >required for successful configuration" puts it out of consideration.

    Hm. Wasn't aware of that, I thought it was web interface only. Ah well.

    >Is anything better domesticated available above the budget end of the scale?
    >
    >Even 3 concurrent calls would exceed the usual population of the property.

    There are plenty of options, but at what cost? Gigaset themselves seem to
    have units but they're £1000+ ... I'm guessing this is for a home/office
    type setup, so... Might be better asking on the uk.telecom list for
    ideas about a small analogue PBX then just connect DECT phones into it.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 15, 2011
  7. On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:07:44 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Anthony R. Gold <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:46:14 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    >> <> wrote:

    >> which seems

    >> but able

    >>> Sadly no. I build my own using Linux & Asterisk - which I then use with
    >>> the Gigaset units for SIP DECT use and on-board cards to talk to BT lines.
    >>> (The only time I use the analogue ports in the Gigaset bases is to support
    >>> 'home workers' who want one phone on their desk to answer home calls
    >>> and also have a SIP account to their office)
    >>>
    >>> However things like this:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.voipon.co.uk/atcom-ip04-p-964.html
    >>>
    >>> are at the budget end of the scale - that'll handle up to 4 analogue
    >>> lines and a number of SIP extensions (which could be DECT or desk
    >>> phones) That's an embedded Linux+Asterisk appliance.
    >>>
    >>> Just beaware of the max. concurrent call limit with the Gigaset units. I
    >>> think the N300's are now 3 concurrent calls. The older ones were only 2.
    >>> Often not an issue though.

    >> Thanks, but "understanding of both Linux and Asterisk command line is
    >> required for successful configuration" puts it out of consideration.

    > Hm. Wasn't aware of that, I thought it was web interface only. Ah well.
    >
    >> Is anything better domesticated available above the budget end of the scale?
    >>
    >> Even 3 concurrent calls would exceed the usual population of the property.

    > There are plenty of options, but at what cost? Gigaset themselves seem to
    > have units but they're £1000+ ... I'm guessing this is for a home/office
    > type setup, so... Might be better asking on the uk.telecom list for
    > ideas about a small analogue PBX then just connect DECT phones into it.

    I have not seen any Gigaset units with multiple analogue lines, DECT and
    SIP. They seem to move to PSTN over ISDN after just one analogue line. I've
    sent off a product enquiry to Panasonic because they also offer systems with
    multiple cordless handsets and multiple analogue lines. I may need to
    pre-process the SIP paths into analogue in separate equipment.
    Anthony R. Gold, Nov 15, 2011
  8. Anthony R. Gold

    Dave Guest

    "Anthony R. Gold" <> wrote in message
    > I came upon the Gigaset N300A in the Sipgate equipment catalogue which
    > seems
    > like a nice and economical piece of kit for 1 PSTN line + 6 SIP accounts
    > with access by DECT handsets. Does anyone know of something similar but
    > able
    > to support more than one PSTN?

    What handset world you get - if you brought this base ? the SL78H looks nice
    Dave, Nov 15, 2011
  9. Anthony R. Gold

    News Reader Guest

    Re: Equipment Advice

    >I came upon the Gigaset N300A in the Sipgate equipment catalogue which
    >seems
    > like a nice and economical piece of kit for 1 PSTN line + 6 SIP accounts
    > with access by DECT handsets. Does anyone know of something similar but
    > able
    > to support more than one PSTN?

    Hi,

    If you are keen enough to research, hunt, you will find a number of fair
    value ATA's with 2 or 4 FXO (PSTN ports) and 2 or more FXS (phone side /
    SIP, PSTN pass through / access) ports. You can then just plug your DECT
    base station into one of the FXS (phone) ports.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Nov 21, 2011