    seen these grid antennas about which are a fraction of the price and yet advertise the
    same gain levels. Is there an advantage to getting the Cisco or am I just paying for the
    name? Thanks for any advice.

    tg, Jun 4, 2008

  2. Hi
    It all depends on the environment and your expectation of the outcome.
    Under normal situation the brand of the Antennae make is Not a big issue.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 5, 2008

  3. tg

    tg Guest

    > Hi
    > It all depends on the environment and your expectation of the outcome.
    > Under normal situation the brand of the Antennae make is Not a big issue.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    so instead of a £300 cisco dish I may get exactly the same performance form a £50 grid
    dish....(?)

    tg, Jun 5, 2008
  4. tg

    Lem Guest

    tg wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> It all depends on the environment and your expectation of the outcome.
    >> Under normal situation the brand of the Antennae make is Not a big issue.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > so instead of a £300 cisco dish I may get exactly the same performance form a £50 grid
    > dish....(?)

    It depends on what you want to do with it. See, for example, this
    thread (and the ones linked from it):
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....8944ea0f6c55?hl=en&lnk=st&q=#49058944ea0f6c55

    You'll probably get more info from alt.internet.wireless than from this
    XP-oriented newsgroup.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Jun 5, 2008
  5. tg

    tg Guest

    "Lem" <> wrote in message news:...
    > tg wrote:

    <snip> You'll probably get more info from alt.internet.wireless than from this
    > XP-oriented newsgroup.

    ok thanks Lem I'll try alt.internet.wireless

    tg, Jun 6, 2008