    http://tinyurl.com/2uzqrry They have the look. But, how do they
    perform? What sort of lifespan can I expect?

    Thanks
    1506, Nov 27, 2010

  2. 1506

    Owain Guest

    On Nov 27, 1:25 pm, 1506 wrote:
    > However, my 8282s are showing their age.  I suffer from sticking keys,

    dismantle, taking care not to lose any of the pingfuckits, clean and
    reassemble

    > dirty, hard to clean cords,

    place in margarine tub with grommets wedged on the edge of the tub.
    Fill tub with cleaning solution.

    > and crackly microphones.

    8782s should have electret transmitters anyway, which can be
    disassembled and repaired, or replaced (ebay)

    If there is one thing nicer than an 8782 it's a 782 on a Plan 107.

    Owain
    Owain, Nov 27, 2010

  3. 1506

    Graham. Guest

    >>If there is one thing nicer than an 8782 it's a 782 on a Plan 107.

    > That's exactly what I have :)

    The lengths some people will go to for brews on demand ;-)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Nov 27, 2010
  4. 1506

    1506 Guest

    On Nov 28, 12:15 am, Frank Erskine <>
    wrote:

    > >> That's exactly what I have :)

    > >The lengths some people will go to for brews on demand ;-)

    > Both main and extension are 782s. As it happens, I had a suitable
    > 6-way (?) PST line cord to fit the extension 782. A Plan 105 would
    > have been a bit more complex.

    One assumes you increased the bell impedence on both 'phones, and took
    three conductors back from the base to the BT interface?
    1506, Nov 28, 2010
  5. 1506

    Ria J Guest

    On 27/11/10 20:57, Owain wrote:

    > If there is one thing nicer than an 8782 it's a 782 on a Plan 107.
    >

    > Owain

    Oooh, no. Don't like that, they look out of place on a Planset base.

    --
    Much love,
    Ria xx
    Ria J, Dec 3, 2010
  6. 1506

    Graham. Guest

    "Ria J" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On 27/11/10 20:57, Owain wrote:
    >
    >> If there is one thing nicer than an 8782 it's a 782 on a Plan 107.
    >>

    >> Owain

    > Oooh, no. Don't like that, they look out of place on a Planset base.

    A 248 sat on a Bellset 44 dose it for me.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Dec 3, 2010
  7. 1506

    1506 Guest

    On Nov 27, 10:34 pm, Frank Erskine <>
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:57:13 -0800 (PST), Owain
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >If there is one thing nicer than an 8782 it's a 782 on a Plan 107.

    > That's exactly what I have :)

    As it happens, I have the components to make one of those. Something
    about which to think.
    1506, Dec 6, 2010
  8. 1506

    1506 Guest

    On Nov 27, 8:57 pm, Owain <> wrote:
    > On Nov 27, 1:25 pm, 1506  wrote:
    >
    > > However, my 8282s are showing their age.  I suffer from sticking keys,

    > dismantle, taking care not to lose any of the pingfuckits, clean and
    > reassemble
    >
    > > dirty, hard to clean cords,

    > place in margarine tub with grommets wedged on the edge of the tub.
    > Fill tub with cleaning solution.

    Can you suggest a solvent, and where same is available?

    > > and crackly microphones.

    > 8782s should have electret transmitters anyway, which can be
    > disassembled and repaired, or replaced (ebay)
    >
    > If there is one thing nicer than an 8782 it's a 782 on a Plan 107.

    Thanks

    Adrian
    1506, Dec 6, 2010
  9. 1506

    Owain Guest

    On Dec 6, 7:31 am, 1506 <> wrote:
    > > > dirty, hard to clean cords,

    > > place in margarine tub with grommets wedged on the edge of the tub.
    > > Fill tub with cleaning solution.

    > Can you suggest a solvent, and where same is available?

    Washing-up liquid's as good as anything IMO.

    Alcohol based wet-wipes or one of the proprietary laundry stain
    removal preparations if you are afflicted with an ex-office phone
    bearing ballpoint pen marks.

    Owain
    Owain, Dec 6, 2010