Reposted from rec.video.dvd.tech - Boy I hate Sonic myDVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ng_reader, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    Un-Installed it.

    What garbage.

    I guess you get what you pay for. It was free on my new cheap HP/Compaq PC.

    Now, I have to figure out what to use. I have what appears to be a working
    copy of Nero 6. At one time I really loved that application. It didn't let
    me navigate to files all that well, or sort by name or anything simple, but
    it worked. And worked well, too.

    Is there anything else out there? Christ even before I warez a copy and
    un-install something else and go through those problems and all?

    Last DVD recorder I bought came with software (Lite On, Simple Technology,
    I/O Magic ???) and it worked great. Wish I kept that software. Or, better
    yet, wish I kept that software in a place where I remembered keeping it.
    :>)

    Nero 6 seemed to be OK. Just wanted to record my DVD to hard disk (where? I
    wasn't paying attention) before I could burn my DVD. Oh well, I can search
    by dates or read the manual.

    Could someone tell me what is out there?

    Can anyone tell me why I *shouldn't* use Nero?

    If Nero 6 is working, and it appears to have dual layer capabilities,
    besides giving Ahead software more Euros, does anyone know why I should
    upgrade to 7?

    Thanks in advance (TIA).

    -Mr. Curious.

    ng_reader, Dec 10, 2005