Repost: How to change the speed of windows clock.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trax, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Trax

    Trax Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:42:30 GMT, "Smith" <> wrote:

    |>Hi,
    |>
    |>I am reposting my question because I feel that I didn't provide enough
    |>details in the first one. And when I did no one replied, possibly thinking
    |>that I had got the advice I wanted.
    |>
    |>Ok here's the question.
    |>
    |>I want to change the speed at which my windows clock operates and I have
    |>been told that there is a command that you can enter into the command prompt
    |>that will do this.
    |>
    |>There is nothing wrong with my computers cmos battery it is fine and the
    |>time is displayed correctly. I do not want to change the clock speed of my
    |>CPU or system bus. I want to be able to speed up and slow down the speed at
    |>which the seconds tick away.
    |>
    |>E.g. 50% faster or 50% slower.
    |>
    |>Reason:
    |>This is for a project that I am completing at the moment. The speed at
    |>which many programs run are governed by the windows system clock and as a
    |>result speeding it up can improve the speed of some programs.
    |>
    |>E.g. The program may have a line of code in it that instructs it to wait 10
    |>seconds before the executing the next line of code etc.
    |>
    |>Also is there a system file that is the Windows Clock, or is it integrated
    |>within another windows folder. I am using win2000.
    |>
    |>Any ideas or points in the right direction would be most appreciated.

    Your on the wrong track. The "windows system clock" your referring to
    is just a program. This can be changed by using the Dos command TIME;
    you can create a batch file to set it any way you want, forwards,
    backward, fast, slow, it doesn't matter the "system's" timing will be
    unaffected.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    Smith, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Trax

    °Mike° Guest

    Are you on speed? There's a utility called Moslo, that will
    slow your system down, but I know of no way that you
    can speed your system up by 50 percent, by a simple
    command.

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:42:30 GMT, in
    <qPBRb.1898$>
    Smith scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Trax

    Smith Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Are you on speed?

    No, why do you ask?

    > There's a utility called Moslo, that will
    > slow your system down, but I know of no way that you
    > can speed your system up by 50 percent, by a simple
    > command.

    Listen please. I do not want to speed my system up by 50%, I never once
    said that I would like to. I would however like to increase the speed at
    which my windows clock runs. Look on the right hand corner of your screen
    (by default unless changed) and you'll see a clock. That is what I want to
    increase the speed of. Please do read the original question. I did try to
    be as specific as possible.

    Smith, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Trax

    Trax Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:42:30 GMT, "Smith" <> wrote:
    <Resend>

    |>Hi,
    |>
    |>I am reposting my question because I feel that I didn't provide enough
    |>details in the first one. And when I did no one replied, possibly thinking
    |>that I had got the advice I wanted.
    |>
    |>Ok here's the question.
    |>
    |>I want to change the speed at which my windows clock operates and I have
    |>been told that there is a command that you can enter into the command prompt
    |>that will do this.
    |>
    |>There is nothing wrong with my computers cmos battery it is fine and the
    |>time is displayed correctly. I do not want to change the clock speed of my
    |>CPU or system bus. I want to be able to speed up and slow down the speed at
    |>which the seconds tick away.
    |>
    |>E.g. 50% faster or 50% slower.
    |>
    |>Reason:
    |>This is for a project that I am completing at the moment. The speed at
    |>which many programs run are governed by the windows system clock and as a
    |>result speeding it up can improve the speed of some programs.
    |>
    |>E.g. The program may have a line of code in it that instructs it to wait 10
    |>seconds before the executing the next line of code etc.
    |>
    |>Also is there a system file that is the Windows Clock, or is it integrated
    |>within another windows folder. I am using win2000.
    |>
    |>Any ideas or points in the right direction would be most appreciated.

    I think your on the wrong track, but you can create a program around
    the Dos command TIME to set it forward, backward, fast, slow,
    whatever.

    It's an ugly approach but it's available on your system.
    --
    ,,

    Trax, Jan 28, 2004
  6. Trax

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:42:31 GMT, in
    <XzDRb.2514$>
    Smith scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Are you on speed?

    >No, why do you ask?

    Because you are either delusional, or very badly informed.

    >> There's a utility called Moslo, that will
    >> slow your system down, but I know of no way that you
    >> can speed your system up by 50 percent, by a simple
    >> command.

    >Listen please.

    I'm listening.

    > I do not want to speed my system up by 50%, I never once
    >said that I would like to.

    In effect, you did:

    "I want to be able to speed up and slow down the speed at
    which the seconds tick away.

    E.g. 50% faster or 50% slower."

    > I would however like to increase the speed at which my windows
    >clock runs. Look on the right hand corner of your screen
    >(by default unless changed) and you'll see a clock.

    <Sigh!>

    >That is what I want to increase the speed of.

    Now you listen. The clock in your system tray, is governed by
    the clock chip on your motherboard. There is NO command
    that will speed up the clock in the system tray. As stated,
    there are programs that can slow your *system clock*, such
    as Moslo, and you can also increase your *system clock*
    speed -- it's called overclocking.

    >Please do read the original question.

    I read the original question; I have a habit of doing that.

    > I did try to be as specific as possible.

    That doesn't alter the facts.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  7. Trax

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    I'm presuming the clock's time is wrong sometimes, I'd suggest replacing the
    motherboard battery if applicable.

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 28, 2004
  8. Trax

    Smith Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:42:31 GMT, in
    > <XzDRb.2514$>
    > Smith scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Are you on speed?

    > >No, why do you ask?

    > Because you are either delusional, or very badly informed.

    And you know SFA about Windows.

    > >> There's a utility called Moslo, that will
    > >> slow your system down, but I know of no way that you
    > >> can speed your system up by 50 percent, by a simple
    > >> command.

    > >Listen please.

    > I'm listening.

    Badly

    > > I do not want to speed my system up by 50%, I never once
    > >said that I would like to.

    > In effect, you did:

    Please add "n't" to the end of "did".

    > "I want to be able to speed up and slow down the speed at
    > which the seconds tick away.
    >
    > E.g. 50% faster or 50% slower."

    Yes Mike the clue is in the statement "speed at which the seconds tick
    away".

    > > I would however like to increase the speed at which my windows
    > >clock runs. Look on the right hand corner of your screen
    > >(by default unless changed) and you'll see a clock.

    > <Sigh!>
    >
    > >That is what I want to increase the speed of.

    > Now you listen. The clock in your system tray, is governed by
    > the clock chip on your motherboard.

    If left unchanged.

    > There is NO command
    > that will speed up the clock in the system tray.

    Wrong again. There is a command as Trax has pointed out. There are also
    programs that do it as well. http://go.6to23.com/aspeeder/ but is
    unsuitable for the purpose I require it for.

    > As stated,
    > there are programs that can slow your *system clock*, such
    > as Moslo, and you can also increase your *system clock*
    > speed -- it's called overclocking.

    As I pointed out, I do not wish to overclock my system speed, I have no need
    to.

    > >Please do read the original question.

    > I read the original question; I have a habit of doing that.

    Yeah, you read and then spew out some other crap.

    > > I did try to be as specific as possible.

    > That doesn't alter the facts.

    Because you'll get it wrong anyway?

    As usual Mike you know **** all about PC's unless it's basic shit like
    maintenance. Why bother joining the group in the first place?

    Smith, Jan 28, 2004
  9. Trax

    Smith Guest

    "ErmYouKnow" <> wrote in message
    > I'm presuming the clock's time is wrong sometimes, I'd suggest replacing

    the
    > motherboard battery if applicable.

    Please read the question carefully.

    Smith, Jan 28, 2004
  10. Trax

    Smith Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:42:30 GMT, "Smith" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>Hi,
    > |>
    > |>I am reposting my question because I feel that I didn't provide enough
    > |>details in the first one. And when I did no one replied, possibly

    thinking
    > |>that I had got the advice I wanted.
    > |>
    > |>Ok here's the question.
    > |>
    > |>I want to change the speed at which my windows clock operates and I have
    > |>been told that there is a command that you can enter into the command

    prompt
    > |>that will do this.
    > |>
    > |>There is nothing wrong with my computers cmos battery it is fine and the
    > |>time is displayed correctly. I do not want to change the clock speed of

    my
    > |>CPU or system bus. I want to be able to speed up and slow down the

    speed at
    > |>which the seconds tick away.
    > |>
    > |>E.g. 50% faster or 50% slower.
    > |>
    > |>Reason:
    > |>This is for a project that I am completing at the moment. The speed at
    > |>which many programs run are governed by the windows system clock and as

    > |>result speeding it up can improve the speed of some programs.
    > |>
    > |>E.g. The program may have a line of code in it that instructs it to wait

    10
    > |>seconds before the executing the next line of code etc.
    > |>
    > |>Also is there a system file that is the Windows Clock, or is it

    integrated
    > |>within another windows folder. I am using win2000.
    > |>
    > |>Any ideas or points in the right direction would be most appreciated.
    > |>

    > Your on the wrong track. The "windows system clock" your referring to
    > is just a program. This can be changed by using the Dos command TIME;
    > you can create a batch file to set it any way you want, forwards,
    > backward, fast, slow, it doesn't matter the "system's" timing will be
    > unaffected.

    Thank you Trax, that is exactly what I am looking for.

    Smith, Jan 28, 2004
  11. Trax

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:10:07 GMT, in
    <3SERb.3179$>
    Smith scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:42:31 GMT, in
    >> <XzDRb.2514$>
    >> Smith scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >No, why do you ask?

    >> Because you are either delusional, or very badly informed.

    >And you know SFA about Windows.

    It seems that I know quite a lot more than you.

    >> >Listen please.

    >> I'm listening.

    >Badly

    No, you just don't like what you're hearing.

    >> > I do not want to speed my system up by 50%, I never once
    >> >said that I would like to.

    >> In effect, you did:

    >Please add "n't" to the end of "did".

    There's no need.

    >> "I want to be able to speed up and slow down the speed at
    >> which the seconds tick away.
    >>
    >> E.g. 50% faster or 50% slower."

    >Yes Mike the clue is in the statement "speed at which the seconds tick
    >away".

    Look, if you know so much, why are you asking in this group?

    >> > I would however like to increase the speed at which my windows
    >> >clock runs. Look on the right hand corner of your screen
    >> >(by default unless changed) and you'll see a clock.

    >> <Sigh!>
    >>
    >> >That is what I want to increase the speed of.

    >> Now you listen. The clock in your system tray, is governed by
    >> the clock chip on your motherboard.

    >If left unchanged.

    Yes, that's correct.

    >> There is NO command
    >> that will speed up the clock in the system tray.

    >Wrong again. There is a command as Trax has pointed out.

    No, *you're* wrong. Trax simply said that you could use the
    TIME command to change the *time*. Please try to keep up.

    >There are also programs that do it as well.

    That's what *I* told you, dolt!

    > http://go.6to23.com/aspeeder/ but is
    >unsuitable for the purpose I require it for.
    >
    >> As stated,
    >> there are programs that can slow your *system clock*, such
    >> as Moslo, and you can also increase your *system clock*
    >> speed -- it's called overclocking.

    >As I pointed out, I do not wish to overclock my system speed, I have
    >no need to.

    What you need to do, is get a clue.

    >> >Please do read the original question.

    >> I read the original question; I have a habit of doing that.

    >Yeah, you read and then spew out some other crap.

    Me? Spew out crap? And what do you call it that you are rabbiting
    on about?

    >> > I did try to be as specific as possible.

    >> That doesn't alter the facts.

    >Because you'll get it wrong anyway?

    Ok, have it your way, though I'm surprised you're asking at all.

    >As usual Mike you know **** all about PC's unless it's basic shit like
    >maintenance.

    Is that supposed to hurt?

    > Why bother joining the group in the first place?

    Join? What's to "join"?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  12. Trax

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:11:21 GMT, in
    <dTERb.3191$>
    Smith scrawled:

    >"Trax" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:42:30 GMT, "Smith" <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Your on the wrong track. The "windows system clock" your referring to
    >> is just a program. This can be changed by using the Dos command TIME;
    >> you can create a batch file to set it any way you want, forwards,
    >> backward, fast, slow, it doesn't matter the "system's" timing will be
    >> unaffected.

    >Thank you Trax, that is exactly what I am looking for.

    That's just altering the TIME, you idiot! It only has two uses;
    one to output the time, and one to set it. Jesus H. CHRIST!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  13. Trax

    Smith Guest

    "°Mike°" spewed shit that sprouted arms and legs that tried to write in
    message news:...
    > On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:10:07 GMT, in
    > <3SERb.3179$>
    > Smith scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:42:31 GMT, in
    > >> <XzDRb.2514$>
    > >> Smith scrawled:

    > >> Because you are either delusional, or very badly informed.

    > >And you know SFA about Windows.

    > It seems that I know quite a lot more than you.

    Based on what? One thread, you must be a fucking genious or a telepathic.

    > >> I'm listening.

    > >Badly

    > No, you just don't like what you're hearing.

    You just cant see past the end of your extraordinary long nose as usual.

    > >> In effect, you did:

    > >Please add "n't" to the end of "did".

    > There's no need.

    Again add "to not add it".

    > >> "I want to be able to speed up and slow down the speed at
    > >> which the seconds tick away.
    > >>
    > >> E.g. 50% faster or 50% slower."

    > >Yes Mike the clue is in the statement "speed at which the seconds tick
    > >away".

    > Look, if you know so much, why are you asking in this group?

    Because some people actually know what they are talking about and have
    experience on it. Others like yourself just repost what has already been
    said or come up with a totally irrelavent answer or try to argue when you
    have been told that is not the information that the person is after.

    > >> <Sigh!>

    > >> Now you listen. The clock in your system tray, is governed by
    > >> the clock chip on your motherboard.

    > >If left unchanged.

    > Yes, that's correct.
    >
    > >> There is NO command
    > >> that will speed up the clock in the system tray.

    > >Wrong again. There is a command as Trax has pointed out.

    > No, *you're* wrong. Trax simply said that you could use the
    > TIME command to change the *time*. Please try to keep up.

    You are a total wank stain, he said "This can be changed by using the Dos
    command TIME; you can create a batch file to set it any way you want,
    forwards, backward, fast, slow, it doesn't matter the "system's" timing will
    be unaffected." Which is what I want.

    > >There are also programs that do it as well.

    > That's what *I* told you, dolt!

    No you told me of a program that will overclock my machine!

    > > http://go.6to23.com/aspeeder/ but is
    > >unsuitable for the purpose I require it for.
    > >
    > >> As stated,
    > >> there are programs that can slow your *system clock*, such
    > >> as Moslo, and you can also increase your *system clock*
    > >> speed -- it's called overclocking.

    > >As I pointed out, I do not wish to overclock my system speed, I have
    > >no need to.

    > What you need to do, is get a clue.

    Marvelous. I can think of someone that needs to get out more.

    > >> I read the original question; I have a habit of doing that.

    > >Yeah, you read and then spew out some other crap.

    > Me? Spew out crap? And what do you call it that you are rabbiting
    > on about?

    I'm rabbiting on about you not understanding the question (as normal) giving
    the wrong information as a result and then trying to argue with me that that
    is the information I need.

    > >> That doesn't alter the facts.

    > >Because you'll get it wrong anyway?

    > Ok, have it your way, though I'm surprised you're asking at all.

    You know what, so am I!

    > >As usual Mike you know **** all about PC's unless it's basic shit like
    > >maintenance.

    > Is that supposed to hurt?

    Only if you want it to. Personally I couldn't give a toss.

    > > Why bother joining the group in the first place?

    > Join? What's to "join"?

    Your arse and head, but I think it's stuck too far up there as it is!

    Smith, Jan 28, 2004
  14. Trax

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:41:11 GMT, in
    <bjFRb.3423$>
    Smith scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" spewed shit that sprouted arms and legs that tried to write in
    >message news:...
    >> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:10:07 GMT, in
    >> <3SERb.3179$>
    >> Smith scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> >And you know SFA about Windows.

    >> It seems that I know quite a lot more than you.

    >Based on what? One thread, you must be a fucking genious or a telepathic.

    Yes, based on this thread is quite enough.

    >> >Badly

    >> No, you just don't like what you're hearing.

    >You just cant see past the end of your extraordinary long nose as usual.

    Oh, look, a lame IKYABWAI.

    >> >Please add "n't" to the end of "did".

    >> There's no need.

    >Again add "to not add it".

    Careful, you're losing the plot.

    >> >Yes Mike the clue is in the statement "speed at which the seconds tick
    >> >away".

    >> Look, if you know so much, why are you asking in this group?

    >Because some people actually know what they are talking about and have
    >experience on it. Others like yourself just repost what has already been
    >said or come up with a totally irrelavent answer or try to argue when you
    >have been told that is not the information that the person is after.

    That's the crux, isn't it? It's not the information that you want to
    hear, so you burst into a tirade of insults -- it's about all you're
    capable of, but not very good at.

    >> >If left unchanged.

    >> Yes, that's correct.

    >> >Wrong again. There is a command as Trax has pointed out.

    >> No, *you're* wrong. Trax simply said that you could use the
    >> TIME command to change the *time*. Please try to keep up.

    >You are a total wank stain,

    I was hoping you could come up with something better
    than that pathetic little expletive.

    > he said "This can be changed by using the Dos command TIME;
    >you can create a batch file to set it any way you want, forwards,
    >backward, fast, slow, it doesn't matter the "system's" timing will
    >be unaffected."

    I know what he said, it's just not going to do what you think.

    > Which is what I want.

    No, it's not. At least not the way you explained it. You wanted
    something to slow your clock down, or speed it up. All that the
    TIME command does is change the time. Capiche?

    >> >There are also programs that do it as well.

    >> That's what *I* told you, dolt!

    >No you told me of a program that will overclock my machine!

    No, I didn't. Please, man, get a grip! I told you of a program
    to slow your computer down.

    >> > http://go.6to23.com/aspeeder/ but is
    >> >unsuitable for the purpose I require it for.

    >> >As I pointed out, I do not wish to overclock my system speed, I have
    >> >no need to.

    >> What you need to do, is get a clue.

    >Marvelous. I can think of someone that needs to get out more.

    Right on cue. A "get a life" lame.

    >> >Yeah, you read and then spew out some other crap.

    >> Me? Spew out crap? And what do you call it that you are rabbiting
    >> on about?

    >I'm rabbiting on about you not understanding the question (as normal) giving
    >the wrong information as a result and then trying to argue with me that that
    >is the information I need.

    LOL! Unbelievable!

    >> >Because you'll get it wrong anyway?

    >> Ok, have it your way, though I'm surprised you're asking at all.

    >You know what, so am I!
    >
    >> >As usual Mike you know **** all about PC's unless it's basic shit like
    >> >maintenance.

    >> Is that supposed to hurt?

    >Only if you want it to. Personally I couldn't give a toss.

    Well, you're making enough noise about it.

    >> > Why bother joining the group in the first place?

    >> Join? What's to "join"?

    >Your arse and head, but I think it's stuck too far up there as it is!

    HAND.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  15. Trax

    Smith Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > >> What you need to do, is get a clue.

    > >Marvelous. I can think of someone that needs to get out more.

    > Right on cue. A "get a life" lame.

    > >> Me? Spew out crap? And what do you call it that you are rabbiting
    > >> on about?

    > >I'm rabbiting on about you not understanding the question (as normal)

    giving
    > >the wrong information as a result and then trying to argue with me that

    that
    > >is the information I need.

    > LOL! Unbelievable!

    > >> Ok, have it your way, though I'm surprised you're asking at all.

    > >You know what, so am I!

    > >> Is that supposed to hurt?

    > >Only if you want it to. Personally I couldn't give a toss.

    > Well, you're making enough noise about it.

    > >> Join? What's to "join"?

    > >Your arse and head, but I think it's stuck too far up there as it is!

    PLONK

    Smith, Jan 28, 2004
  16. Trax

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:10:12 GMT, in
    <oKFRb.3651$>
    Smith scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:41:11 GMT, in
    >> <bjFRb.3423$>
    >> Smith scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" spewed shit that sprouted arms and legs that tried to write in
    >> >message news:...

    >> >Based on what? One thread, you must be a fucking genious or a

    >telepathic.
    >>
    >> Yes, based on this thread is quite enough.

    >> >You just cant see past the end of your extraordinary long nose as usual.

    >> Oh, look, a lame IKYABWAI.

    >> >Again add "to not add it".

    >> Careful, you're losing the plot.

    >> >Because some people actually know what they are talking about and have
    >> >experience on it. Others like yourself just repost what has already been
    >> >said or come up with a totally irrelavent answer or try to argue when you
    >> >have been told that is not the information that the person is after.

    >> That's the crux, isn't it? It's not the information that you want to
    >> hear, so you burst into a tirade of insults -- it's about all you're
    >> capable of, but not very good at.

    >> >You are a total wank stain,

    >> I was hoping you could come up with something better
    >> than that pathetic little expletive.
    >>
    >> > he said "This can be changed by using the Dos command TIME;
    >> >you can create a batch file to set it any way you want, forwards,
    >> >backward, fast, slow, it doesn't matter the "system's" timing will
    >> >be unaffected."

    >> I know what he said, it's just not going to do what you think.
    >>
    >> > Which is what I want.

    >> No, it's not. At least not the way you explained it. You wanted
    >> something to slow your clock down, or speed it up. All that the
    >> TIME command does is change the time. Capiche?

    >> >No you told me of a program that will overclock my machine!

    >> No, I didn't. Please, man, get a grip! I told you of a program
    >> to slow your computer down.

    >> >Marvelous. I can think of someone that needs to get out more.

    >> Right on cue. A "get a life" lame.

    >> >I'm rabbiting on about you not understanding the question (as normal)

    >giving
    >> >the wrong information as a result and then trying to argue with me that

    >that
    >> >is the information I need.

    >> LOL! Unbelievable!

    >> >You know what, so am I!

    >> >Only if you want it to. Personally I couldn't give a toss.

    >> Well, you're making enough noise about it.

    >> >Your arse and head, but I think it's stuck too far up there as it is!

    >> HAND.

    >PLONK

    Way to go, Smiffy.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  17. Trax

    Trax Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:11:21 GMT, "Smith" <> wrote:

    |>> Your on the wrong track. The "windows system clock" your referring to
    |>> is just a program. This can be changed by using the Dos command TIME;
    |>> you can create a batch file to set it any way you want, forwards,
    |>> backward, fast, slow, it doesn't matter the "system's" timing will be
    |>> unaffected.
    |>
    |>Thank you Trax, that is exactly what I am looking for.

    Shoot you were quick, This wasn't online for a few min's before I sent
    an amendment :)

    I see you've met Mike, I killfile'd him awhile back, I'm seeing a one
    sided argument (your replies).

    Number one rule on the newsgroups never ever get into an argument with
    someone who has no self respect they have nothing to lose and you end
    up looking a fool.

    As I mention'd in the amendment the TIME command is a real ugly way to
    do what you want but maybe it will put you on the right track, good
    luck.

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    Trax, Jan 28, 2004
  18. I'll bet you ten quatloos, he lays down, kicks his little feet, flails his
    arms and beats his head against the floor, when he doesn't get his
    way......sheesh!

    °Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    > On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:10:12 GMT Smith scrawled:
    >>PLONK

    > Way to go, Smiffy.

    <schnippen>

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com

    @}-}-------Rosee, Jan 28, 2004
  19. Trax

    Harrison Guest

    I read the thread and other answers (and arguments).
    The simple answer, as others have tried to communicate to you, is that
    you cannot alter or control the system clock's *timing* from Windows.
    The Windows clock is merely reflecting the system clock. You can
    change the system clock's time from Windows, and vice versa, but you
    cannot alter the clock cycle rates in order to fool a program into
    taking longer or shorter amounts of time to make next function call.
    If you need to do something like, it would be accomplished by altering
    the code in the program.

    That said, I do recall hearing of a program which runs in Windows
    which will let you overclock or underclock from Windows. However, if
    the program uses seconds and not clock cycles, I can't see how it
    could possibly make a difference.
    The program was featured on Tech TV a few weeks ago, but my search has
    turned up nothing. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

    Please don't tell me to reread the question. I understand exactly what
    it is you want to do. That doesn't change the fact that, to my
    knowledge, it can't be done.

    Harrison, Jan 28, 2004
  20. Trax

    °Mike° Guest