Repost: D-Link wireless PCI needs rescan every boot

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Monte Grant, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. Monte Grant

    Monte Grant Guest

    (no replies)

    2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link utility)

    ....running on a w2k and xp machine. On both, when I log on to either and
    the desktop appears, the wireless connection is dropped. The connection is
    accessible from the OS log on screen. I am required to rescan every time I
    boot to reconnect to the network.

    Laptop connects with DWL G650, using Windows to manage connection. No
    problems.

    Setup

    Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption using D-Link (DI-624)
    broadband wireless 'G' router.
    Mode is super G w/dynamic turbo. Both machines use D-Links config utility
    to manage connection.

    Nick

    Monte Grant, Dec 23, 2004