    Torquemada.
    "Everything is possible if you wish hard enough."
    James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan
    Torquemada., Aug 25, 2005

  2. Look for updated applications and drivers on the Creative site. They
    released a new batch a few days ago and they may solve your problem

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Torquemada.

    John Barnes Guest

    In addition to what Charlie said, on some MOBO you have problems or no sound
    when you fail to disable the onboard sound.

    John Barnes, Aug 25, 2005
  4. are there still some mobos too stupid to figure out that another sound card
    is installed. For shame!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 25, 2005
  5. Torquemada.

    Torquemada. Guest

    On 25/8/05 16:25, John Barnes wrote:
    > In addition to what Charlie said, on some MOBO you have problems or no sound
    > when you fail to disable the onboard sound.

    Not my case... Furthermore, I have the latest drivers and apps :-(

    Any clues?

    Torquemada., Aug 26, 2005
  6. Torquemada.

    John Barnes Guest

    I don't know every MOBO, but I do know Windows and sound on my computers
    don't get along. For years, approx every 3-6 months Windows drops sound in
    the middle of a session. Says there is no sound device on the system when
    any attempt is made to fix it. The only thing that has ever worked is to do
    a System Restore. This is with my old computer with VIA and a Creative
    Audigy sound card (and yes I had to turn off the onboard sound) and my new
    computer where I didn't bring the Creative card forward and am using the
    onboard sound. So far I haven't had the problem on x64 but I can't use it
    but 10-15% of the time yet.

    John Barnes, Aug 26, 2005
  7. I'd have to say my experience has been different. Since I moved to using
    MediaPlayer instead of other alternatives, I really haven't had problems.
    I've used onboard and addon -- usually an addon since the onboard is still a
    bit lame in most cases. The last couple of systems have gotten Audigy 2 --
    one an internal Platinum, the other an external NX USB. The NX is one I
    actually like, though it is NOT very plug and play -- if you disconnect it
    and then reconnect it, you're not going to have sound until you reboot.

    So far on the Ferrari the builit in is working fine, though I'm thinking of
    moving to the USB NX here too. Except that then I'd have the problems of
    going back and forth from NX to internal when I am mobile.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 26, 2005