Reporting Fraud and Attempted Fraud

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Harry Stottle, Jan 9, 2014.

  1. Reporting Fraud and Attempted Fraud

    I have just received this email from Nottinghamshire Police about reporting
    fraud, at last they seem to be taking it seriously.

    Action Fraud is the UK's national fraud and internet crime reporting centre

    What is Fraud?
    Fraud happens when somebody lies, or deceives you in order to cause harm,
    usually by costing you money. Even if you have not lost money, you may still
    have experienced fraud.

    Why it is important to report fraud and internet crime.
    Fraud and internet crime costs our economy an estimated £73 billion every
    year. This money is often used to fund crimes like drug smuggling,
    terrorism and people trafficking.

    By reporting incidents of fraud or internet crime to Action Fraud you are
    enabling the police and fraud authorities to build a profile of those
    committing fraud and catch those involved.
    They provide a central point of contact for information about fraud and
    financially motivated internet crime. If you've been scammed, ripped off or
    conned, there is something you can do about it. Report fraud to them and
    receive a police crime reference number.
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/home
    0300 123 2040

    Members of the public, the police, businesses and charities can report to
    Action Fraud online or on the phone using the above contacts.
    If you have been a victim of fraud you will receive a crime reference number
    when you report it to Action Fraud, and your report will be transferred
    securely to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau for analysis and assessment.

    Who is at risk of Fraud?
    Anyone can become a victim of fraud. Action Fraud receives fraud reports
    from people of all ages from all parts of the country including those who
    thought it could “never happen to me”.
    There is no shame in becoming a victim, and the best thing you can do is
    speak out about it by reporting it to Action Fraud, and help protect other
    people becoming victims themselves.

    Harry Stottle, Jan 9, 2014