Report on FTP Site files and folders

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by GJ, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. GJ

    GJ Guest

    Is anyone aware of how I can report on the files and folders on a FTP
    site. Results similar to below.

    -folder 1 1.65Mb
    -subfolder 1 0.9Mb
    -file1.jpg 0.9mb [other file stats]
    -subfolder 2 0.55Mb
    -file2.jpg 0.2Mb [other file stats]
    -file3.jpg 0.35Mb [other file stats]
    -file4.jpg 0.2Mb [other file stats]

    I want the parent to display the total of all files and subfolders as
    this will make it easier.

    I have some FTP space and am trialling some OS applications and am well
    over the size limit. There are a large number of directories and going
    through them all manually looks to be a painfully slow process.

    My ftp client is FileZilla (http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla)
    and for those interested it is free and has a very nice interface.

    Thanks,

    Gavin
    GJ, Jan 30, 2004