  1. is the commentary on the new DVD identical to the one in the tin edition that
    came out a while back or is it just Cox solo? I'm getting tired of Universal
    fucking around with us.

    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Vlvetmorning98

    Jay G Guest

    Vlvetmorning98 <> wrote:
    > is the commentary on the new DVD identical to the one in the tin
    > edition that came out a while back or is it just Cox solo? I'm
    > getting tired of Universal fucking around with us.

    Anchor Bay released the original DVD of Repo Man,
    not Universal. It looks like the rights have reverted
    back to Universal, who would rightfully want to
    issue their own DVD release of the film.

    I can't find anything to the contrary, so for now I
    think you should just assume it's the same commentary.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Vlvetmorning98

    Haans Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message
    > Vlvetmorning98 <> wrote:
    > > is the commentary on the new DVD identical to the one in the tin
    > > edition that came out a while back or is it just Cox solo? I'm
    > > getting tired of Universal fucking around with us.

    > Anchor Bay released the original DVD of Repo Man,
    > not Universal. It looks like the rights have reverted
    > back to Universal, who would rightfully want to
    > issue their own DVD release of the film.
    >
    > I can't find anything to the contrary, so for now I
    > think you should just assume it's the same commentary.
    >
    > -Jay

    I can't really find any evidence that the Universal release of Repo Man has
    a commentary, or ANY other extras for that matter? As far as I can tell,
    only the Anchor Bay releases have the commentary. All Universal releases
    (R0, R1, R2 and R4) are bare-bones.

    Cheers,
    Hans Kristian

    Haans, Jan 9, 2004
  4. my video store's got it, and the back of the box claims there's a "director's
    commentary". hmm

    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 9, 2004